Check out the last 2 projects in my 11 Quick Cards Part 4 blog post.
All 11 projects feature the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set and the Natures Roots Dies which are retiring from the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog! If you didn’t read my last post you may be wondering what “card salad” is. Click HERE to check out post #3 to learn more about “card salad”. I used 4 of my card salad baggies to make my 11 quick cards! My card salad baggies shown in the center of the photo below gave me a major jump start!!! I love my card salads!
Now in today’s 11 Quick Cards Part 4 post, I’m going to focus on the last 2 of my 11 quick cards.
In the photo below, you’ll see the contents of the card salad baggie I used to create the two cards I’m sharing today. These are all pieces and parts created while playing with ideas for my Northern Lights Technique Class. This class is still available to purchase!
This card was so quick and easy to make!
I did just one thing to the focal piece from my card salad baggie before assembling this card. If you watch my video ahead you can see me create the “stars” in the sky.
I used one of my Water Painters to splattering some tiny specks of water on the focal piece and then I dabbed off the water with a paper towel to remove the color in those spots.
Then all I needed to do was figure out my cardstock colors and layering. My focal piece was cut down so it would fit on a black stitched rectangle die-cut piece. The whole focal element was then popped up on Dimensionals on my Gorgeous Grape card base. I then added a sentiment from the Vine Design Stamp Set. I love the simple clear font of the sentiments in this set!
You may be able to tell that I’ve heat embossed my tree and ground. The background was created with various colors and ink blending to create the look for the Northern Lights.
Would you like to learn more about the Northern Lights Technique? If so, click on the button below to check out my awesome Northern Lights Technique class!
You can purchase just the electronic components of the class OR treat yourself to the class complete with project kits to give yourself a jump start. The class includes 3 unique and beautiful card designs and a quick reference technique page. The electronic components include 2 PDFs (one for the projects and the other for the technique itself) a comprehensive, edited, video tutorial. Let me know if you have questions about this class.
Thanks for spending some time with me today in my 11 Quick Cards Part 4 post!
If you enjoyed this post (and my other quick cards) you may want to purchase the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set and Natures Roots Dies. These items are retiring very soon and are available only while supplies last!
Plus, there are tons of other products retiring too! Make sure to buy what you want now before they’re gone! For today’s projects, you’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store at the end of this post. There’s a link to my Facebook Live video there too!
More Going On Now
- You can still Get the Butterfly Bouquet Stamp Camp PDF featuring 12 Projects! Kits are SOLD OUT! Click HERE to buy the 55 page PDF Tutorial.
- Get Last Chance Products Before They’re Gone! – 2020-2021 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog Retires on 5/3/21
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Choose a Free product OR FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 04/8/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my 11 Quick Cards Facebook Live video here:
The project demonstration begins at around 7-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Northern Lights Version #1:
- Gorgeous Grape Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black Piece for Die-Cutting: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 3-1/2″ x 4-7/8″
- Basic Black Sentiment Backing: 13/16″ x 1-9/16″
- Highland Heather Sentiment Piece: 11/16″ x 1-7/16″
Northern Lights Version #2:
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Gorgeous Grape Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 3-1/8″ x 4-1/2″
- Basic Black Piece for Die-Cutting: 3-3/4″ x 5″
Leave a Reply