Are you ready for some unique card making fun?!
Today’s projects fall into two categories 1) rewind/redo projects and 2) fast-forward projects. Each year when I celebrate my Stampin’ Up! Anniversary I like to take stock of where I started as a paper crafter and how far I’ve come. To celebrate all the card making fun I’ve had over the years, I go back into my project archives, find something I made in my first years as a demonstrator, and I remake that project with current products. This year, I decided to also feature a “fast-forward” project or something to demonstrate how I’ve changed as a crafter.
I hope you enjoy what I have in store for you today and that you’ll join me in celebrating my 18 year anniversary as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator with some card making fun! In this first photo, you’ll see both the rewind/redo and fast-forward finished cards.
Aren’t these little popsicle cards so adorable?
The one on the left is the old project I dug out of my archives. The one on the right is one of the “redo” cards. For the old card, punches were used for the “bite” from the corner. For my redo, I used my layering circles dies which includes several scallop edge circle die sizes. I also made my new card a tiny bit bigger than the original card.
For my focal piece and one of the sentiment images I used the Berry Blessings stamp set. The happy birthday sentiment is from the Sweet Strawberry set which also has some great fruit themed images. I played around with some different greens for my foliage. For the card on the left Garden Green ink was used and for the one on the right I’ve used Granny Apple Green.
A couple of tips for making this card:
- First, you’ll die-cut the “bite” from the upper right-hand corner of the card. You’ll die-cut both layers at the same time.
- Use the piece you “bit” off (by die-cutting), as a guide to trace the shape on the inside piece for your card. Die-cut slightly more off the inside piece so you’ll have a bit of a Pacific Point edge to frame the piece.
- Next, put some mini glue dots on one end of your popsicle stick, turn it over and attach it to the inside of the card.
Foam adhesive sheets were used to attach my inside piece.
I chose to do this so the inside piece would be at the same height as my popsicle stick and so I would have a mostly uniform surface for writing. I could have used Dimensionals but then the pressure of writing on an uneven surface could create problems when writing a note inside the card.
The coordinating Berry Delightful designer paper is also a super easy option as an alternative to the stamped images.
I just love this designer paper! It’s so bright and cheerful!!! You should know that the Berry Blessing Stamp Set and Berry Delightful designer paper was one of the Sale-A-Bration items you could get for free in January and February of 2021, and are no longer available from Stampin’ Up!.
That said, you can still get this stamp set and designer paper for FREE from me!
During my 18 Year Anniversary Special offer, you can get the Berry Blessings Stamp Set and a sampler of this beautiful designer paper for free with a qualifying order. Become a newsletter subscriber to learn all the details! This special offer ends on 3/20/21 and these items are available only while supplies last so take action soon!
I made one additional version of this cute popsicle card in a larger size. You’ll find the dimensions for both sizes of redo cards at the end of this post.
Are you ready to fast forward to see what I’ve been playing with lately?
If you follow me at all you know that I absolutely love playing with techniques in my paper crafting. These next projects were the result of some creative play that you would never have seen me do 18 years ago! Both background pieces for these cards were made as I was experimenting and playing for my recent Playing with Rubbing Alcohol Technique class.
Believe it or not, these backgrounds were simply extra pieces that did not make the cut for the final class projects.
Nonetheless, I could see the potential for some card making fun with these backgrounds.
For these cards I’ve used my NEW Butterfly Brilliance Stamp Set to cover my background with butterflies. This is one big stamp so this card was super easy to make!
As you may be able to see below, I’ve used some Clear Wink of Stella on my biggest butterfly. I wanted to give it a little shimmer to help it stand out from the rest. The sentiment on this card is from the Vine Design Stamp Set and in case you’re curious, the colors used to create this background are Pacific Point and Real Red.
For my second card, the background piece was made experimenting with some hand sanitizer, of all things!
With the COVID 19 pandemic it somehow just seemed right to be playing with hand sanitizer! I just love the soft textured background that I essentially created by accident! This was some real card making fun and a happy accident to boot!
For this card, I simply stamped my butterflies, added Wink of Stella, and tied some ribbon across the bottom. The sentiment is from the Happy Thoughts Stamp Set and the shape at the end is created using the Treasured Tags Pick A Punch.
With my background already made, this was a super easy card to design and put together! Plus, in the spirit of experimenting and playing for my 18 year anniversary, I stamped these lovely butterflies on some other papers as well during my recent Facebook Live.
Check out my video at the end of this post to see all these projects being made live!
To learn more about how I made these backgrounds consider signing up for my Playing with Rubbing Alcohol Technique Class. The projects kits option is sold out but the electronic-only options are still available!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my projects today and that you’re inspired to have some of your own card making fun! At the end of this post you’ll find dimensions for all the projects plus two separate supply lists.
More Going On Now
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Choose a Free product OR FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 03/18/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 20 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Project Dimensions Rewind/Redo Popsicle Cards
Popsicle Card Small:
- Pacific Point Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- White Inside Layer: 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Punched or Die Cut Pieces in Seaside Spray, Pacific Point, and Basic White
Popsicle Card Large:
- Blackberry Bliss Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 7″
- White Inside Layer: 3-1/4″ x 5-1/4″
- Rich Razzleberry Sentiment Piece: 3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Punched or Die Cut Pieces in Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss, and Basic White
Project Supplies – Popsicle Cards
Project Dimensions Fast Forward Butterfly Bouquet Cards
Butterfly Cards #1:
- Highland Heather Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black Layer: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White Focal Piece: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- White Sentiment Piece: 3/8″ x 3″
- Basic Black Sentiment Backing: 1/2″ x 3-1/8″
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Butterfly Cards #2:
- Gorgeous Grape Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black Layer: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Alcohol Ink Paper Focal Piece: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Sentiment Piece: 5/8″ x 2-7/8″ (then punched)
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″