Today’s projects are for the card maker that wants an easy WOW effect without a lot of work. I’ve used the To A Wild Rose bundle, a 2019 Annual Catalog Sneak Peek, and a homemade ink pad!
These are a few of the projects I shared in my presentation at the Stampin’ Up! OnStage event this past weekend in Charlotte, NC. The, To a Wild Bundle, was the focus of my presentation. I got these wonderful products about six weeks before the event, to create and play with, as I planned for the presentation.
I had to sign a nondisclosure agreement since these products are in the New 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog which doesn’t go live till June 4th! It was so fun and exciting to finally be able to share these projects at OnStage, and now, here with you. Plus there’s lots more coming!
These projects are among the simpler of the 14 plus projects I made in preparation for this event!
This first card is the simplest of the set because it’s just simple stamping and sponging. This stamp set is a 2-step stamping set, which means that several of the images are designed to lay one over the other, OR next to each other, to complete the image. For the card below I’ve used three of the stamps in the set, one of the rose images, the center of the rose and one of the leaf images.
Positioning these stamps is super easy since they are completely different shapes and essentially are next to one another, instead of superimposed on top of one another.
This catalog sneak peek project, shows the easiest way to do 2-step stamping. So if you buy this set and want something simple, you definitely have lots of options.
That said, there are three rose images and three of the leaves images, that can be stamped over one another.
For the card below I’ve used two of the rose images and two of the leaves images. I also did heat embossing and sponging. This is a bit more stepped up than the last one, but it’s still pretty simple.
A few details about this card:
- The color scheme used is Pear Pizzazz, Balmy Blue and Blueberry Bushel.
- The two blues were used to make my own ink pad.
- After all the stamping and heat embossing was done I did some light sponging in Pear Pizzazz and Balmy Blue.
- The sentiment is heat embossed in Silver.
So are you wondering how I got the gradations of color in the rose?
Well, the secret is that I made my own ink pad using Blueberry Bushel ink in the center and Balmy Blue ink around the outside. It’s still simple stamping but I’ve gotten what I think is a real WOW effect, with the darks and lights in the one rose image. Then, of course, I heat embossed in white in the second rose image, and that just adds to the wow effect, with a bit of contrast.
Here’s the DIY ink pad I used for this card.
I’ll be sharing more details about making and reusing a DIY ink pad in another post coming soon!
So if you watched my recent Facebook Live, you probably watched me create the card below.
It’s sort of a remake of the card above. I just used a different color scheme with another homemade ink pad. I did show three ways to create the focal piece in the video. This simplest version seemed to be the most popular with people watching the Facebook Live. If you want to see what the other options were, definitely check out my video below.
A few details about this card:
- The color scheme is Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather and Blackberry Bliss.
- The three purples were used to make my own ink pad.
- The sentiment is heat embossed in white.
Here’s the DIY ink pad I used to create this card.
I added a touch of Wink of Stella to the centers of each of the flowers, which you can see in the photo below.
I used Highland Heather ink to stamp the center of the flower.
By the way, I did add some more stamped leaves after I went off camera. There just seemed to be too much white space for my taste when I was putting this together.
So here is an ensemble of some of these cards with the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set. There is also a coordinating set of dies.
You’ll find a complete supply list and project dimensions toward the end of this post. Plus, don’t miss the video tutorial for more details too!
Just to make sure you know… You will not be able to order the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set or coordinating framelits till the catalog goes live on June 4th! If you’re a demonstrator you’ll likely be able to preorder this on May 2nd, when the official demonstrator preorder period begins.
Want to learn more about how to get a discount and special perks like preordering?
Click HERE to check out the perks and benefits of becoming a Treehouse Chick!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my catalog sneak peek projects featuring the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set and my homemade ink pads.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Click HERE to check out the 3-D Gift, that I made for my Treehouse Chicks team members, that came to OnStage with me! It’s made using one of my DIY Ink Pads and the To A Wild Rose Bundle.
Check out my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Products are Retiring and a NEW Catalog is Coming! Are you ready?
- Retiring Products List is now live!
- Click HERE to see ALL the retiring products in my Online Store.
- Click HERE to see a PDF of the retiring Annual Catalog products. Please note: Highlighted items will only retire in the Wood Mount & Clear Mount. These items will be available in Cling Mount in the New 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog.
- Click HERE to see a PDF of the retiring Occasions Catalog products.
- The 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog is Coming on June 4th!
- Do you want a catalog mailed to you, hot off the press, in May?
- If you’ve placed a merchandise order of $50 or more in the last 6 months I will automatically mail a catalog to you!
- If you intend to place your Stampin’ Up! orders through me, I’d be happy to send you a catalog!
- To request a catalog click HERE and leave a comment with the text “Please Send me a New Annual Catalog in May”!
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares will available to preorder soon!
More Going On Now
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store!
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 4/25/19 at 7 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Click on “following” and select the “see first” option, on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE.
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Project Dimensions Card #1 & #2:
- Mossy Meadow (or Blueberry Bushel) Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Focal Backing in Pear Pizzazz (or Mossy Meadow): 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Whisper White Sentiment Piece: 1” x 2-1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel Sentiment Backing: 1-3/16″ x 2-13/16″
Project Dimensions Card #3 & #4:
- Balmy Blue (or Granny Apple Green) Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Focal Backing in Blueberry Bushel (or Gorgeous Grape): 3-3/16″ x 5-5/16″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 3″ x 5-1/8″
- Blueberry Bushel (or Gorgeous Grape) Sentiment Piece: 1” x 1-3/4″
- Silver Foil (or Whisper White) Sentiment Backing: 1-1/8″ x 1/7/8″
The following products will be available on 6/4/19 when the New 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog goes live:
- To A Wild Rose Stamp Set – Item #149452
- Wild Rose Framelits – Item #149547
- To A Wild Rose Bundle – Item #151073