In today’s post, I’ll be sharing projects made with the 2022-2024 InColors!
I’ve got two projects to share, with multiple variations of each. The first project is my NEW 2022-2024 InColors bookmarks. The second project is a set of cards each of which features one of these new colors! Each year when the InColors come out I just love creating a bookmark. I started this tradition back in 2014 as a small gift for my club members. In one of the early years, I decided not to make one and it was pretty clear my club members were pretty disappointed. I’ve not skipped a year since and now I make them for other customers as well!
Later in this post, you’ll learn about the THREE WAYS you can get one of my 2022-2024 InColors bookmarks of your very own!
Plus, if you want to make your own, you’ll also find a link to my FREE PDF downloadable document below!
I’ve made these bookmarks using the Bottled Happiness Bundle which is also new to the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog.
Now the trickiest part of making a bookmark like this is figuring out the spacing of the printed color names.
My goal is to show the ink stamped on white cardstock, the ink stamped on the same color of cardstock, and the cardstock without any ink on it. It’s a lot to fit into a small space! By stamping and punching out the bottle images I can show each color of cardstock, and the ink stamped onto each color as well.
Here are a few close-ups of each of these beautiful colors:
On the version below I decided to show the 2022-2024 InColors in yet another way!
Can you see the second lighter stamped images next to each of fully inked images? In the piece below I’ve simply used the residual ink on my stamp to stamp a second time. This simply gives me a lighter shade of ink and adds some dimension to the piece. I love using multiple generations of ink to get ever lighter shades of the same color!
Some tips on how I created my bookmark:
So I always start by printing out a sheet of 5 bookmarks on regular paper, with my color names placed in 5 different positions relative to one another. I do this so I can stamp, lay my punched pieces out and figure out what will work best before printing on my cardstock. After I test a few configurations I then can print out multiple sheets on Basic White cardstock.
For today’s bookmark, once I figured out my spacing, I created a “stamping guide” for myself so I could make multiple bookmarks with ease!
Here’s how I created my “stamping guide”:
- Cut a piece of cardstock measuring ¾” x 7-⅝” (the same size as the stamped bookmark.
- Lay the piece to the side of a finished bookmark and make a pencil line along the edge of the cardstock where the top of each punched bottle piece is on the finished bookmark.
- Use your paper snips to cut a small notch in from the left or right (whichever side the punched bottle is justified to).
- Place your “stamping guide” piece directly over the finished bookmark and make a small vertical line where the center of the top of the punched bottle is.
- Now you can lay this “stamping guide” piece over each unstamped cardstock bookmark piece to make a small pencil line. This will help you to know where to stamp the foliage image so the stem is centered at the top of the neck of the punched bottle.
- The piece below and on the left is ready to stamp!
Tip: Only ink up the top 2/3 of the image so you don’t end up with the inked stem showing below the punched bottle.
Check out my video at the end of this post to see how this bookmark is made.
Check out the adorable Bottled Happiness Bundle!
I can’t wait to play with it some more!!!
Next, I’ve got a set of Clean & Simple cards made with the Sending Smiles Bundle and Stylish Shapes Dies.
These cards feature the 2022-2024 Colors inks, cardstock, and designer series paper.
This first card is made with Orchid Oasis ink, cardstock, and designer paper and was CASED (Copy And Share Everything) from the talented Mary Fish!
She is the master of the Clean & Simple Card! Rarely do I completely copy another demonstrator’s design but in this case, I love her card as is. That said, I did change one small detail. I used rhinestone jewels as an alternative to the embellishment she used. I also made versions of this card with all the other 2022-2024 InColors.
Here’s the version of my card in Starry Sky:
This next card is made with Tahitian Tide:
Here’s the version of my card in Parakeet Party:
Last but not least, here’s the version of my card in Sweet Sorbet:
I just adore the new 2022-2024 InColors! They are easily my favorite set of InColors, maybe of all time!
What do you think of these colors? Do you have a favorite?
Have you noticed that there’s a different sentiment on each of these cards? I just LOVE all the sentiment options in the Sending Smiles Stamp Set!
For these five cards, I’ve also used the wonderful new Stylish Shapes Dies.
As you can see here they’ve got stitched edges for a lovely finishing touch. There are fifteen dies in the set!
Here is a graphic showing all the sizes for each of the pieces.
The dimension shown for the circles is the diameter for each.
Below are most of the 2022-2024 InColor products that I purchased.
There are two items here that I did not use on my cards. In the upper left-hand corner of this photo, you’ll see the new InColor Ombre Glimmer Paper. In the lower right-hand corner of this photograph is a sampler of the new Metallic Ribbon in each of these InColors. What’s shown here is ¼ roll of each of these ribbons that I’ve wrapped up as part of my “Taste of a Suite” Products Shares offering.
You can also purchase Stampin’ Write Markers and Blends Alcohol Markers in all of these amazing colors! Click on the photo below to see all the available products in these new In Colors!
Would you like to get $92.50 in FREE Products including $66.50 in FREE InColor Products?
Check out the InColor products you can get for free and click on the graphic below to learn all the details about this month’s Starter Kit Special!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my bookmarks and cards with the new 2022-2024 InColors!
Would you like a 2022-2024 InColor Bookmark in the mail from me?
Get a FREE Bookmark Details:
- Place any size order in my online store using my current host code! Click HERE to shop now! OR…
- Join my Annual Catalog Special Offer Party and Get Host Rewards PLUS SEVEN FREE Gifts! Click HERE to learn more! OR…
- Join my Treehouse Chicks Team and you’ll receive a new InColor Bookmark in your Welcome Packet from me! Learn more about joining my team by clicking on the button below!
Note: This Free Bookmark offer is good ONLY While Supplies Last!
If you’d like to make your own bookmark click on the button below to see and download a FREE PDF Template for making these In Color bookmarks yourself.
Scroll to the end of this post for dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store! Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- 2022-2023 Annual Catalog Special Offer – Get Host Rewards PLUS SEVEN Additional GIFTS! Register & Order by May 16, 2022!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! I want to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Tell me more!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 05/26/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Waves of the Ocean Stamp Camp To Go! 1 Amazing Product Collection, 12 Fun Projects! PDF Only Option STILL AVAILABLE! Click HERE to learn more and Buy the Instant Download.
- Spring Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Get the “After The Live” Event Now! Click to Buy it NOW!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND an additional gift from me!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog is NOW LIVE!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
Click below to see the January to June 2022 Mini Catalog!
Learn how to make this in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 6-½ minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Bookmark Body (any of the 2022-2024 InColors): 1-15/16″ x 8-½″
- Basic White Stamped Piece: 1-¾″ x 7-⅝″
- 2022-2024 InColor Cardstock Scraps for Punched Bottles
- Thick Basic White Card Body: 8-½″ x 5-½″
- 2022-2024 InColor Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- 2022-2024 InColor Designer Paper: 3-½” x 5″
- Scraps for die-cut pieces in the 2022-2024 InColor and Basic White Cardstock