Have you seen the new Eden’s Garden collection of products yet? Well today I’ve got some gorgeous card ideas for you featuring these products!
I love stamp sets where I can make cards for every season and occasion and the Eden’s Garden Stamp Set provides just that! Here you’ll see 3 card ideas which are all variations on one design but are made to be used during a different season of the year.
My first and original design was made with Christmas in mind.
I’ve used Cherry Cobbler for the floral center and the following three greens for the foliage around it; Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent, and Pear Pizzazz.
The Cherry Cobbler image is also heat embossed using one of my favorite stamping tricks! Can you see how the image is shiny and raised?
You simply ink up your stamp with Versamark first, then ink it up with Cherry Cobbler and then stamp. Quickly pour clear embossing powder over the top and heat with your heat tool.
Tip: The Versamark allows the ink to stay wet long enough so the embossing powder will stick to the image but you do need to get that embossing powder onto the image as quickly as possible.
One essential benefit to heat embossing the center image is that it will then resist the inks stamped over the top.
When the foliage images are stamped and overlap the heat embossed image, the overlapped portion can simply be wiped off leaving the stems looking like they are behind the central image. Fun right?
To finish off my card three of the new Garden Gems were added and a few pieces of coordinating ribbon were attached along the bottom. The focal piece is attached to the card with dimensionals.
For the second of my three card ideas, I’ve created a version that is sort of my spring/summer version.
Just a few simple changes were made to transform my original card from a Christmas card to a card that really could be used at any time of year, in fact!
The center image is also heat embossed but this time Evening Evergreen ink was used.
The accent ribbons at the bottom include the white ribbon from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon combo pack and the gorgeous Glittered Organdy ribbon. It’s so subtle and pretty!
Last but not least are my card ideas with a fall color scheme! I love the colors of fall!
I made a few variations of this card including one that used the new Eden Dies that are part of the Eden’s Garden bundle. The focal piece on the left is the piece I made during my Facebook Live video. Each includes slight variations on the theme.
This first one was created in exactly the same way as the first two cards but just in a different color scheme. I did use only one piece of ribbon along the bottom on this one.
Here you can see the heat embossed central image in Cajun Craze ink.
For the foliage around the main image, I’ve used Bumble Bee, Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent, and Crumb Cake inks. After all the images were stamped, Blending Brushes were used to add more color. I used Soft Succulent ink in the center and over the green foliage to fill in the white spaces. Bumble Bee ink was used over the Bumblebee and Crumb Cake images.
For a finishing touch, three of the green Genial Gems were added in the white spaces. I love these little gems with their sparkly gold flecks!
This close up photo shows a good example of how the shapes stamped over the heat embossed image look like they are in the background.
As a reminder, this is due to the resist feature mentioned earlier.
Check out the close up photos of the focal piece made during my live video!
There are three things I did differently on this focal piece that I want to point out.
- For the smallest foliage image I used Cinnamon Cider ink instead of Crumb Cake ink. I actually like how this color goes with the Bumblebee and Cajun Craze better than the crumb cake.
- One new image was used that I didn’t use on the previous samples. It’s the Evening Evergreen image stamped over the Soft Succulent foliage. I think it’s a really lovely alternative pairing of overlayed images.
- Last but not least, the Bumblebee foliage is heat embossed. I used the same process as for the central large image. I wanted to experiment with bringing some of the shiny raised look out from the center, to see if it tied everything together in a different way. Plus, I wanted to make the Bumblebee images stand out more and be in the foreground by taking advantage of the resist of the heat embossing.
What do you think? I really love these few little alternative tweaks to the design! Do you like them too?
The last of my card ideas was a bit more involved than the previous versions.
For this card, I first stamped my focal piece images without any heat embossing. Then, I stamped and heat embossed my central image in exactly the same way as on the previous cards, on a piece of scrap paper, and cut it out!
In addition, I used the Eden Dies with some of the Ever Eden Cotton paper to die-cut some foliage shapes to flank the central image.
Here’s a close-up of this element and a few tips about how I put it all together below.
Instead of attaching one die cut piece at a time behind the fussy cut piece, I decided to lay them out over my stamped piece to get the positioning just right!
I then took the fussy cut piece with the dimensional backings removed and simply placed it directly over the top of the image below to pick up the die-cut pieces ALL at the same time! Ingenious right?
When you lift up the fussy cut piece with the die-cuts attached, most of the sticky parts of the Dimensionals will be covered by the die-cut pieces. So, you’ll need to add a bit of liquid glue on the back of this assembled piece before attaching it to the focal piece.
- If you’re going to fussy cut your central image, obviously you don’t need to heat emboss the image underneath.
The gems you see in the center of the flower are also part of the Genial Gems embellishment pack. These ones are a pale pink so they work quite well as a subtle bit of bling on this very special element.
The ribbon element on this card are done just a bit differently than on the previous designs. The ribbon cuts are straight, not angled and one is shorter than the other. I’ve used the Evening Evergreen Open Weave ribbon and the white ribbon from the Flowers For Every Season combo pack. This white ribbon was colored using a Dark Cajun Craze Blends Alcohol Marker.
My four finished card variations side by side:
Do you have a favorite? Please leave a comment and let me know.
If you enjoyed seeing my projects today you might really enjoy the Edens Garden Stamp Camp To Go!
Registration is happening now through November 11th. Get the Stamp Camp with a kit in the mail OR the PDF Only option. Click HERE or on the sneak peek graphic below to learn more.
At the end of this post, you’ll find project dimensions, a complete supply list, and a link to my Facebook Live video.
More Going On Now
Check out the Eden’s Garden Stamp Camp To Go!
- Eden’s Garden Stamp Camp To Go ! RSVP by 11/12! Click HERE or on the sneak peek graphic above to learn more and register.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 11/11/21 at 6 pm EST. (This is an hour earlier than my usual time.) Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click below to see the July to December 2021 Mini Catalog!
See the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking on the photo below!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
Learn how to make this in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 8-1/2 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Cherry Cobbler, Evening Evergreen or Cajun Craze Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Soft Succulent Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Evening Evergreen Layer: 3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″
- White Focal: 3-1/8″ x 4-5/8″
The Eden’s Garden Collection of products is available to purchase on November 2, 2021
- Eden’s Garden Bundle Item #157832
- Ever Eden Speciality Designer Paper Item #159996
- Ever Eden Cotton Paper Item #159997
- Garden Gems Item #159277
Leave a Reply