In today’s post, I’ll be sharing 3 easy Christmas Gift Card Holders
You can make these as simple or as complex as you want by adding elements to the front as you desire. For the three Christmas Gift Card Holders here, the one with the snowman and penguin is the easiest and the one with the ornaments has the most detail.
This first gift card holder is the version we made for stamp club.
I love how simple, colorful and cute it is with the Penguin Playmates designer paper.
To get started making this you’ll start with a half sheet of cardstock, cut the long way, and then you simply score it at 1-⅝”, 5-⅞”, and 9-⅞”. The larger top section becomes the top flap and the smaller bottom section folds over to create the pocket for the gift card.
Here you can see the inside of my gift cardholder. On this version, I’ve rounded the corners on the top and bottom flaps but for some of the ones I finished I didn’t bother with rounding the corners inside. In some cases, I also didn’t bother with the white piece on the bottom section with the gift card so in my opinion, this is optional.
Now one of the things I especially like about this design is that the focal piece is only attached at the bottom so that it serves as a bit of a latch.
This helps the gift card holder to stay flat and closed, like a gift that has to be unwrapped!
So to close up the gift card holder you just gently pull out the focal piece and tuck the top flap under the focal piece.
By the way, this designer paper was one of the FREE items available through Sale-A-Bration, which ended on 9/30/21.
Since the Playful Penguins designer paper is no longer available, I wanted to share some alternatives to show how easy it is to adapt this design using other designer papers.
For this next design, I used the Painted Christmas designer series paper and the Holly Jolly Wishes Stamp Set for the sentiment. I also added a small bow using the Early Espresso Faux Suede ribbon.
My last gift card holder is made with the Gingerbread & Peppermint designer paper and some of the red ribbon included with this product suite.
- The sentiment is stamped with Cinnamon Cider ink and die-cut using one of the dies from the Tasteful Labels Dies. It was attached with dimensionals. This sentiment is also from the Holly Jolly Wishes stamp set.
- The ornaments are fussy cut from the Gingerbread & Peppermint designer paper. The old olive ornament is attached using two layers of glue dots and the second ornament is attached with two layers of dimensionals.
- For added interest and dimensions, the sentiment piece and ornaments were each attached differently so they would be at different heights relative to one another.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my 3 Easy Christmas Gift Card Holders today!
Are you inspired to create your own? I hope so!
As a reminder, today’s project is a Stamper’s Club project so if you join a club soon you can get the parts and pieces to make this card, plus two additional cards for FREE. (While supplies last!)
In fact, you get the pieces to make 2 each of 3 different designs, and the cutting, dry embossing, and die-cutting will be done for you! A PDF with the dimensions, supplies, and photos of each of the three projects will also be provided. Here’s a photo of the current kits:
Learn how you can get a FREE Class-To-Go every other month plus FREE Stampin’ Up! products by clicking on the button below!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Sepia Technique Class Sneak Peeks Now Available to See! RSVP by 10/16 to get a kit with your class! RSVP by 10/24 for electronic options! Click HERE to learn more and register.
- Did you miss the Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event? If so, you can still join in for the “after the live” electronic materials! You’ll receive 10 comprehesive written tutorials and 10 video presentations, including tons of project ideas, Christmas card ideas, 2 Fun Fold cards and more! Click HERE to Buy Now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/7/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
July to December 2021 Mini Catalog is now LIVE! Click Below to see a PDF.
Check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my TikTok Video Tutorial:
If you enjoyed this short video make sure to like it by clicking on the heart and make sure to follow me on TikTok too!
Club Project Dimensions:
- Marina Mist Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 1-5/8″, 5-7/8″ & 9-7/8″
- Large Designer Paper Piece: 3-3/4″ x 4″
- Designer Paper Strip for Flap: 1-3/8″ x 4″
- Designer Paper for Focal: 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Marina Mist Focal Backing: 3″ x 3″
- Basic White Inside (2): 3-3/4″ x 4″
Club Project Supplies
Additional Project Supplies
Leave a Reply