Today’s post offers a bit of a sneak peek into the August 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle that features new Sale-A-Bration freebies!
On the first Thursday of each month, the Simple Suite Stampers design team publishes a tutorial bundle focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month isSale-A-Bration and the freebies being offered with your purchases between 8/3 and 9/30/21. In today’s post you’ll learn how to make 2 sneak peek projects from the August 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle.
This first project was created by Design Team member Debie Deschaine. The Sale-A-Bration Freebies used here are the Feels Like Home Stamp Set and the Peaceful Prints Designer Paper!
The coloring in is what makes this image come to life and I love it! I used a whole bunch of Blends Alcohol Markers and the color lifter. All the colors will be included in the supply list at the end of this post. For details about which color was used where, make sure to watch my video tutorial at the end of this post as well.
Now I did change up a few details from the original design.
For my stamped images I heat embossed in black. Debie actually heat embossed in Mossy Meadow. I could have also used my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad but I wanted my image to be more bold. That said, with a fine detail stamp like this one, the lines of the image are typically fatter when heat embossed, leaving less room inside the shapes to color in. As a result, I chose to color outside the lines particularly for the tree and hanging planter so more of the green could be seen.
My focal piece is mounted onto a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock and then it is attached to the designer paper piece on the card with Dimensionals.
For the sentiment, I also heat embossed in black.
Debie stamped her sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink on the crumb cake cardstock. I’m just a fan of black! The sentiment piece is popped up on two Dimensionals so it’s twice as high as the focal piece.
The only other small detail I changed was how I did the twine.
Debie had hers tied around the designer paper but I didn’t actually have enough ribbon to be able to do that. So, instead I doubled up my twine and tied a small airbow and attached it just below the sentiment piece with a glue dot.
I really love how this came out and it was so much fun to make! The Blends Alcohol Markers are my all time favorite method for coloring!
This second project was my contribution to the August 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle. I’ve used the Penguin Playmates designer paper which is also a Sale-A-Bration Freebie!
Now the truth of the matter is I CASED (copy and share everything) some essential components of this design directly from a card in the Sale-A-Bration brochure! Check out page 5 of the brochure to see that card. I did make a few changes to the design to suit my needs, plus instead of making a card my project is a belly band with a ribbon pull for a mini Paper Pumpkin box.
To create my belly band I started by measuring the dimensions of the mini paper pumpkin box.
Once I had the box dimensions I was able to figure out the size of the Fresh Freesia cardstock I’d need and I could calculate the scoring for my belly band. The mini paper pumpkin box measures 5-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ x 1″. On template in the photo below you may notice that I’ve done my scoring to give me an extra 1/8″ for each of the three center panels so my belly band can slide on and off without being too tight.
One of the end panels of my belly band was dry embossed with one of the two Wintry 3D embossing folders, the one with the snowflakes. I used the debossed side facing out for a more subtle look. Tear & Tape was used to attach the ends of the belly band to one another while it was laying flat on my work surface. I then attached my designer paper piece to cover the seam where the ends of the cardstock overlapped on the outside.
Next, I wrapped my White Crinkled Seam binding around the front of the belly band and attached it in a few places with glue dots. The ribbon was adhered to cover the seam where the designer paper meets the cardstock. I then tied a knot and left the ribbon tails long so it could serve as a handle for pulling the belly band off of the box.
The element that I especially loved about the original design was the three adorable animals.
Now I don’t usually take the time to fussy cut but I just had to do it for this project design. In the top piece of designer paper below, you’ll see the three animals used on this project. I contemplated cutting out the snowman on the piece in behind as well but just went with the same three animals in the end.
To start my final assembly, I attaching my pengiun to the bear with a glue dot and then put dimensionals all over the backside. Next I attached my fox to the bear with a dimensional at the top. On the bottom of the fox I used two layers of dimensionals so it would be twice as high as the bear and penguin in the end.
A sentiment from the Holly Jolly Wishes Stamp Set was used and it was die-cut with the Painted Labels Dies. The sentiment was heat embossed in white and attached with glue dots doubled up for a little extra height. The sentiment and trio of assembled animals were attached.
Last but not least some Subtle Shimmer Sequins were added here and there with some multipurpose liquid glue. It’s easiest to put a tiny dot of glue directly onto the belly band and then simply place the sequin on top.
Here are the basic supplies used for my belly band. There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my two Tutorial Bundle Sneak Peek Projects with some Sale-A-Bration freebies!
These were both so fun to make and I hope you’ll give them a try.
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle! All the tutorials this month feature new Sale-A-Bration products and it’s an awesome bunch of tutorials!
Get the August 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Complete my brief Technique Class Survey by Sunday 8/15/21 and get entered into a drawing to win a FREE Tutorial Bundle. I’ll be giving away several Tutorial Bundles too so there won’t be just one winner! Click HERE to complete the survey.
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order.
- If you’re not a subscriber you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! You’ll also get Free Card Kits!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chicks Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 plus free shipping
- Plus, Get a FREE Bundle when you buy the Starter Kit during Sale-A-Bration! Learn about this Starter Kit Special by clicking HERE!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Do you want FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? If so, check out the details of Sale-A-Bration below!
- Did you miss the Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event? If so, you can still join in for the “after the live” package of electronic materials! Click HERE to purchase this event for $45. You’ll receive 9 comprehesive written tutorials and 9 video presentations, including 31 project ideas, 17 techniques/variations, 5 Christmas card ideas, 2 Fun Fold cards and more!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/07/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
During Sale-A-Bration you can Get FREE Items when you Buy Products, Host a Party and Purchase the Starter Kit!
Here are the details:
- Customer Benefits:
- For each $50 in merchandise you spend you earn a Level 1 Free item.
- For each $100 in merchandise you spend you earn two Level 1 items or one Level 2 item.
- Host Benefits
- Get a Free Stamp Set called “In Your Words”, when you host a party with $300 in sales or more.
- That’s in addition to the regular host rewards you earn.
- Get Host Rewards for your own order or request a host code below to gather orders!
- For Starter Kit Purchasers
- Get $125 in Products for just $99 plus tax PLUS,
- Get a FREE Bundle! There are 12 bundles you can choose from the new mini-catalog!
Sale-A-Bration goes from August 3, 2021 to September 30, 2021!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
The July to December 2021 Mini Catalog is now LIVE!
Check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live featuring 3 Sale-A-Bration products:
Announcements are at the beginning including details about how to get a FREE tutorial bundle. See Sale-A-Bration Freebies starting at around 13 minutes. The project demonstrations begin at around 18 minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.