Check out my Accordion Fold Card Tutorial with the Harvest Meadow Suite. This project is a sneak peek from the Sept. 2021 tutorial bundle.
On the first week of each month, the Simple Suite Stampers design team publishes a tutorial bundle focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month is the Harvest Meadow Suite plus some other fun fall-themed products from the mini catalog. The basic details of this card are provided in this post. Watch my video at the end of this post for the complete accordion fold card tutorial details.
To get started making this card you’ll need a piece of cardstock measuring 5-1/2″ x 11″ scored at 4-1/4″, 7″, and 9-3/4″.
From there all you need to do for the inside is add layers of cardstock and designer paper to decorate. I’ve used the beautiful Harvest Meadow designer paper. The vanilla panel on the right is stamped repeatedly with Crumb Cake ink using 2nd and 3rd ink around the outside edges.
I also die-cut the “grass” shape you see here from the Harvest Dies set and attached it here with glue dots.
Tip: Make sure to attach this die-cut piece low enough so that when the card is closed you won’t see it peeking out where you don’t want it to be.
For the focal piece, I’ve stamped my image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it in here with Light and Dark Blends Alcohol Markers in Misty Moonlight, Soft Succulent, and Cinnamon Cider. After all my coloring was done I used my Clear Wink of Stella brush to add a little shimmer to the image.
The sentiment I’ve used here comes from the Natures Harvest Stamp Set. I love the font and size of this sentiment.
I’ve attached my sentiment to a small piece of the Diamond Weave Ribbon using glue dots. This ribbon is also part of the Harvest Meadow Suite. This assembled piece is attached to the two torn pieces of cardstock underneath using more glue dots. On this version, the sentiment element worked perfectly to cover some of the open space, where there was no stamping.
The focal piece above is especially pretty when you can see it up close but the truth is the flowers ended up looking pretty dark.
So, I decided to create a second version with some slight adjustments to the colors used.
For the focal piece on the card below, I used a Dark Balmy Blue Blends Alcohol Marker to add some light tips of blue to my flowers. Light and Dark Misty Moonlight Blends were used for the rest of the flower parts.
Also, on this version, instead of using Cinnamon Cider, I used my Dark Daffodil Delight and Light and Dark Cajun Craze Blends for the top portion of the two large flowers. I also decided to add some smaller flowers at the bottom to fill in the ground a bit. These small flowers were colored using the same colors to get the look of magnolias. I really love how this alternative focal piece came out!
Now the only problem with this alternative focal piece is that when it came time to add the sentiment element at the bottom, I couldn’t bare to cover up the stamped flowers!
Someone in my Facebook Live suggested that I put the sentiment element on the inside with the “grass” die-cut piece. That’s what I ended up doing and it was a perfect solution!
I love when Facebook Live participants chime in and share their creative ideas!
Here’s my original finished card. To help it lay flat, you’ll want to make sure to burnish on the fold lines well. This is also a pretty bulky card so if you make one of these and send it to someone, make sure to include extra postage.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my accordion fold card tutorial project today and I hope you’re inspired to go create!
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the September 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order.
- If you’re not a subscriber you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! You’ll also get Free Card Kits!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chicks Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 plus free shipping
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Registration is now open for the Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event on 10/2/21, World Card Making Day!
- Do you want FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? If so, check out the details of Sale-A-Bration below!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 09/09/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
During Sale-A-Bration you can Get FREE Items when you Buy Products, Host a Party and Purchase the Starter Kit!
Here are the details:
- Customer Benefits:
- For each $50 in merchandise you spend you earn a Level 1 Free item.
- For each $100 in merchandise you spend you earn two Level 1 items or one Level 2 item.
- Host Benefits
- Get a Free Stamp Set called “In Your Words”, when you host a party with $300 in sales or more.
- That’s in addition to the regular host rewards you earn.
- Get Host Rewards for your own order or request a host code below to gather orders!
- For Starter Kit Purchasers
- Get $125 in Products for just $99 plus tax PLUS,
- Get a FREE Bundle! There are 12 bundles you can choose from the new mini-catalog!
Shop in my Online Store Now by clickingHERE!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
The July to December 2021 Mini Catalog is now LIVE!
Check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video featuring this Accordion Fold Card Tutorial (this is part 2 of my Facebook Live on 9/9/21):
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.