Today’s project features the Acrylic Block Ink Smooshing Technique and the Hand-Drawn Blooms Stamp Set.
I just love the watercolor look that the Acrylic Block Ink Smooshing technique provides. There are so many ways to do it as well!
For my background here I’ve used an “E” size acrylic block and applied the ink directly to the block with my ink pads. I started at the bottom with my lightest color which was Soft Sea Foam. Then Mint Macaron ink was applied to the middle and Balmy Blue ink to the top of the block. Next, you’ll just spray the block with some water and stamp the block onto a piece of watercolor paper.
It’s important that you allow the piece to dry and then stamp the image with Jet Black StazOn. This is a permanent ink so you can then color in the images and the black will not bleed.
After coloring the image, you’ll then use a Clear Wink of Stella brush to add some shimmer to select images. A small sentiment was stamped and attached to the bottom of the card and the Mint Macaron layer was attached to the card body with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Acrylic Block Ink Smooshing Technique is quick and easy to do plus it produces gorgeous results. This card came together very fast and yet it’s so pretty!
You should also know that this stamp set and coordinating dies will be retiring on 5/2/22! Plus they are on sale too!
The Hand-Drawn Blooms stamp set is on sale for 20% off and the coordinating Banner Blooms Dies are 40% off! Make sure to get these items NOW before it’s too late!
To learn more about Acrylic Block Ink Smooshing check out my previous post which includes a video for multiple ways to do this technique.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for project dimensions, and a complete supply list with links to my online store.
More Going On Now
- 2022-2023 Annual Catalog Special Offer – Get Host Reward PLUS FIVE Additional GIFTS! Register & Order by May 8, 2022!
- Spring Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Get the “After The Live” Event Now! Click to Buy it NOW!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! I want to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Tell me more!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 05/12/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Waves of the Ocean Stamp Camp To Go! 1 Amazing Product Collection, 12 Fun Projects! PDF Only Option STILL AVAILABLE! Click HERE to learn more and Buy the Instant Download.
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND an additional gift from me!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click below to see the January to June 2022 Mini Catalog!
The 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog is RETIRING on May 2, 2022!
Get Last Chance products before they’re gone!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
See Last Chance Products on my website by clicking below!
- Soft Sea Foam Card Body: 4-¼″ x 11″
- Mint Macaron Layer: 3-⅞″ x 5-⅛”″
- Watercolor Paper: 3-⅝”″ x 4-⅞″
- Colored Layer: 2-¾” x 2-¾”
- Basic White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-¼”
- Soft Sea Foam Sentiment Piece: ½″ x 1-¾”
Leave a Reply