In today’s post, I’ll be sharing a project made with the Acrylic Block Technique. The featured product is the A Touch of Ink Stamp Set which is FREE with qualifying orders until 2/28/21!
I love playing with the Acrylic Block Technique! For this technique, you essentially use your acrylic blocks like stamps. You simply apply ink to the block, spray with some water, and then stamp the block onto your cardstock. You can use whatever paper you like. I’ve used watercolor paper on my projects which is my preference.
In this post, you’ll see that I’ve created my card design with three different color schemes! The first version uses Pool Party and Petal Pink inks for stamping with my acrylic blocks. The background script images are stamped in Gray Granite ink.
Here’s my first card:
Now even though I stamped with Pool Party ink for the top block shape, when I went to pick the other layers for this card, the focal piece looked best with a Mint Macaron card base instead of a Pool Party card base.
For my second color scheme, the only thing I’ve changed is the color of the top block shape and the card base.
The new color used here is Pear Pizzaz.
One of the elements on these cards that I especially love is the splattered droplets of color. I simply applied ink to the acrylic block, sprayed generously with water, and then shook the block over the focal piece.
Here’s my third and final card made with the Acrylic Block Technique.
Again I’ve only changed the color of the top block and card base. In this case, the new color is Balmy Blue.
A few important tips:
- Start with all the wet and watery steps including doing the Acrylic Block Technique and applying your splattered colors.
- When doing these steps with watery shapes, make sure to dry your surface with a heat tool between EACH element; So, between each application of color with your acrylic block and after each color of splatters is applied. This will help to make sure the colors don’t mix and get muddy looking.
- After the watery steps are completed, and the surface is bone dry, you can then stamp your images over the top. (If you stamp your images first the ink may bleed when doing the watery steps.)
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my project with the Acrylic Block Technique and the A Touch of Ink Stamp Set!
As a reminder, you have until 2/28/21 to get the A Touch of Ink stamp set for free with a qualifying order in my online store.
Plus, when you place an order of $50 in merchandise or more, using my current hostess code you’ll get to pick a gift from me also. Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you still get a gift from me, plus you’ll get hostess rewards too!
Here are this month’s gift options:
At the end of this post, you’ll find a video tutorial plus dimensions and supply lists for these cards. The supply list includes links to my online store for your convenience!
Keep in mind, in the video I’ve shared a second card layout featuring the Stampin’ Up! A Touch of Ink Stamp Set. There is a separate blog post for that project which you can find by clicking on the following link: https://melissascraftingtreehouse.com/stampin-up-a-touch-of-ink-stamp-set/
More Going On Now
- NEW Playing with Rubbing Alcohol Technique Class Preorder Happening Now! Join the LIVE event for only $10! Click HERE to learn more.
- Technique Class Subscription and Technique Club Options Available only through Wednesday 2/17/21!
- Sale-A-Bration is Happening NOW! Get FREE products when you buy, host, and join!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 02/18/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Get Free Products during Sale-A-Bration when you Shop, Host, or Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit!
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this project and one additional card in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 13 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Card Body in Mint Macaron, Balmy Blue, or Pear Pizzazz: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Black Layer: 3-3/4″ x 4-7/8″
- Watercolor Paper Focal Piece: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Leave a Reply