Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and April 2022 Color Challenge!
For the April 2022 Color Challenge, I’ve created a beach-themed window card with a little surprise inside. To be honest, I was less than excited with this month’s color scheme and yet I’m super happy with my project and hope you’ll enjoy it as well. I can’t wait to see what my fellow design team members have created!
For today’s card I used the Oceanfront Stamp Set to create my scene and added the birds from the On The Horizon Set.
I’ve also used the Seashells 3-D Embossing Folder for the added texture on the front of my card..
My sentiment and die-cut piece along the bottom come from the Paradise Palms bundle. For my sentiment I created a watercolor wash on a scrap piece of watercolor paper, allowed it to dry, and stamped my sentiment with Jet Black StazOn ink. It was die-cut with one of the dies from the Harvest Dies.
As I mentioned earlier, my card has a fun element on the inside, and as you can see here, the front is a window and theres’ another piece that opens on the inside card. Fun right?
The scene was built with images from the Ocean Front Stamp Set on watercolor paper. The stamp set is shown below.
The sky is actually created with just one stamp!
Here’s how I created the sky:
- I started by inking up the top of the stamp with Bermuda Bay ink and then I removed the first layer of ink by stamping on my scrap paper.
- Then, I inked up the bottom portion of the stamp with my Bumblebee ink, (leaving the residual Bermuda Bay ink at the top), sprayed the whole stamp lightly with some water and stamped at the top of my watercolor paper.
- Next I inked up just the very bottom edge of my sky stamp with more Bumblebee ink and restamped it for a darker shade of the yellow on my horizon.
Here’s how the bottom portion of the scene was created:
- For the water portion I stamped with Bermuda Bay Ink and then stamped a second time, with just a bit of Bermuda Bay on the top edge of the stamp. By doing this I was able to get a darker shade of Bermuda Bay along the edge of the water where it meets the horizon.
- Next the sandy shore was created by using, the “land”, “specks” and “rocks” images from the set, with Crumb Cake Ink.
- A few grass images were then stamped using Old Olive Ink.
- I used the wood image and birds from the On The Horizon Stamp Set, along the bottom and in the sky respectively, using Jet Black StazOn ink.
- After the whole scene was stamped I used a Water Painter to blend a little in the sky and water.
Here’s the inside of my inner card:
I just had to add an image to the inside too!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my April 2022 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post. The supply list includes links to my online store so you can easily find and purchase these products.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Registration is NOW OPEN for the Kissing Technique Class! Tell me more!
- Spring Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Registration NOW OPEN! Learn more & Sign Me Up!
- Waves of the Ocean Stamp Camp To Go! 1 Amazing Product Collection, 12 Fun Projects!PDF Only Option STILL AVAILABLE! Click HERE to learn more and Buy the Instant Download.
- ONE LAST Stamp Camp To Go Kit is NOW Available! Register and get this kit before it’s gone!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 03/10/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Current Host Code: WZNUKD7K
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Learn more by clicking HERE.
The 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog is RETIRING on May 2, 2022!
Get Last Chance products before they’re gone!
Click HERE to request a catalog if you intend to purchase Stampin’ Up! products through my online store.
See Last Chance Products on my website by clicking below!
View the January to June 2022 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below!
- Crumb Cake Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Crumb Cake Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Focal Piece in Watercolor Paper: 3″ x 4″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-⅛” x 4-⅛”
- Bermuda Bay Inner Card Body: 7-½″ x 4-¾”
- Basic Black Piece Behind Sentiment: ⅜” x 2-¼”
- Basic White Inside Piece: 3-½″ x 4-½″
Oh wow, not only a great way of mixing and matching these colours but a brilliant “double ” fold card as well. Fantastic combination all round. Thank you for the colouring ideas and for a new ( to me) card fold.
Melissa Kerman says
Thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed my “double” fold card. Who doesn’t love a little surprise inside right? Happy Crafting!
Melanie Hockin says
What a fun surprise on the inside of your card!
Jennifer Arent says
I just LOVE your card! And all your step-by-step instructions are really appreciated. I’m totally going to CASE this! It’s so pretty! You did a fantastic job with the color challenge!
Melissa Kerman says
Thank you so much Jennifer! Have fun CASEing AND making it your own!
Love this! Going to CASE for sure.
Melissa Kerman says
I’m so glad to know! I hope you enjoyed creating your own project with the ideas shared. Happy Crafting! 🙂