Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and August 2020 Color Challenge!
For the August 2020 Color Challenge, I decided to play around with a bundle called The Right Triangle. I bought this bundle because I love geometric shapes and patterns and thought it would be fun to play with. It’s most definitely a different kind of creative experience than stamping with flowers or nature images which is my typical go-to choice for stamping.
While I LOVE this month’s color combination I wasn’t quite sure where to start with my project and so decided to look in the Annual Stampin’ Up! catalog for some inspiration. I ended up CASEing one of the samples in the catalog for my card using this month’s color scheme. Check out page 35 of the Annual catalog to see the original design and color scheme.
If you’d like to recreate this August 2020 Color Challenge project…
You’ll start with a panel of whisper white card stock that measures 4″ x 5-¼”. I started by laying out my dies on this white card stock, to figure out the pattern and sizes of triangle cut-outs I wanted. I only used the equilateral triangles in the set (triangles with all the same length sided).
In the end, I cut 8 triangles out of my white piece and then attached a piece of purple posy cardstock in behind. I then started playing with various sizes of triangles in Gorgeous Grape, Purple Posy, and Granny Apple Green. I stamped on just some of the triangles. For the Purple Posy triangles with stamping on them, I used Versamark and then heat embossed with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
The sentiment element was created using the Ornate Thanks Stamp Set, Forever Greenery Trim, and the NEW Banner Pick a Punch.
This punch will be available to purchase starting tomorrow, 8/4/20 with the launch of the new August to December mini-catalog. I love the “Thanks” image, the shimmer and texture of the gold trim, and the utility of this new punch!!!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my August 2020 Color Challenge project!
To recreate this project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is JoAnne Hewins’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Preorder Mini-Catalog “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares through 8/3/20 ONLY!
- Get a $5 Coupon with Every $50 in Merchandise during Bonus Days! – ENDS 8/3/20! Click HERE to Shop Now!
- New Technique Class Available – Click HERE to learn about my Dry Embossing with Vellum Technique Class.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 8/06/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click to check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Gorgeous Grape Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Whisper White Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Sentiment Piece in Whisper White: 1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Scraps in Gorgeous Grape, Purple Posy, and Granny Apple Green