In today’s post and video, you’ll learn how to make some beautiful backgrounds for card making, using ink and alcohol in various ways with the Gorgeous Leaves Stamp Set.
You can use a variety of coloring tools to create these beautiful backgrounds. For the project shown here, I’ve used ink pads. Watch my video tutorial at the end of this post to learn how to create beautiful backgrounds with two additional types of coloring tools.
For my project, I’ve applied ink to a piece of Vellum Cardstock, applied rubbing alcohol to mix and blend my colors, and then did some heat embossing using both clear and white embossing powder.
My vellum is attached to a piece of white cardstock which helps to highlight the beautiful colors and textures created with the alcohol and ink.
I used the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch to create my sentiment which is stamped in Cherry Cobbler Ink. The sentiment comes from the Natures Harvest Stamp Set.
A small strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock was added in behind the sentiment for a subtle accent and to create some interest. The assembled sentiment element is attached to the card with Dimensionals.
One thing I love about these beautiful backgrounds for card making is that the range of effects you can create and the possibilities for color schemes are endless!
Click HERE to see a completely different card in a totally different color scheme that I created recently on TikTok. It’s a quick one-minute video and a gorgeous card! If you like what you see make sure to follow me on TikTok too!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my project today and will go check out my video tutorial to learn more about variations on my beautiful backgrounds for card making !
As a reminder, today’s project is a Stamper’s Club project so if you join a club soon you can get the parts and pieces to make this card, plus two additional cards for FREE.
In fact, you get the pieces to make 2 each of 3 different designs, and the cutting, dry embossing, and die-cutting will be done for you! A PDF with the dimensions, supplies, and photos of each of the three projects will also be provided. Here’s a photo of the current kits:
Learn how you can get a FREE Class-To-Go every other month plus FREE Stampin’ Up! products by clicking on the button below!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Sepia Technique Class Sneak Peeks Now Available to See! Click HERE to learn more and register.
- Did you miss the Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event? If so, you can still join in for the “after the live” electronic materials! You’ll receive 10 comprehesive written tutorials and 10 video presentations, including tons of project ideas, Christmas card ideas, 2 Fun Fold cards and more! Click HERE to Buy Now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/7/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
The July to December 2021 Mini Catalog is now LIVE!
Check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make these Beautiful Backgrounds for Card Making in my video tutorial:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Cherry Cobbler Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- White Layer: 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Vellum Cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- White Sentiment Piece: 5/8″ x 2-3/8″
- Pumpkin Pie Strip: 1/4″ x 2-1/2″
- White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
TheNature’s Harvest Stamp Set was also used but is not shown below.
Leave a Reply