I’m loving this clean and simple design featuring the Oak Tree from the Rooted in Nature Stamp Set and Black Ice paper crafting technique.
Todays project was so quick and easy to make! The focal piece was made with the Black Ice paper crafting technique, which involves just a few quick steps! There are several links to learn more about this technique ahead.
After creating the focal piece, I simply attached it to a piece of Basic Black Cardstock, tied a piece of the Shimmer Black ribbon around it, and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals. Below is a close up of the Black Ice look. My favorite little section is in the lower right hand corner where you can see the streaks of both the black and the “ice” droplets.
Here’s another close up:
As I was designing this card, I knew I needed some additional embellishments. When I tried the Clear Faceted Gems in the lower right hand corner I immediately new I had the perfect element to complement the focal piece. I just love the glass like, shiny look of these gems!
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project made with the Black Ice Technique. A complete supply list is included ahead with links to my Online Store.
To learn more about this technique or check out more projects, check out my latest YouTube video featuring this technique, and more resources too!
- To see the original project that inspired the technique name click HERE.
- Check out my dedicated Black Ice Pinterest Board by clicking HERE.
- To see more of what I create, check out my “My Paper Crafting Creations” Pinterest Board by clicking HERE.
- See my first Black Ice paper crafting technique Video HERE.
Here’s my latest Black Ice Video featuring some technique variations and NEW tips for success with the technique:
If you watch here on my blog please make sure to go over to YouTube and like, share and subscribe to my YouTube Channel if you enjoyed it. I would so appreciate it!
More Going On Now…
Check out My NEW WEBSITE – Participate in my Website Launch Party Scavenger Hunt!
- Launch day is Friday 8/3/2018
- Participate in the Scavenger Hunt to win prizes!
- Participate in my Facebook Live Event at 7pm on 8/3 OR Watch the Replay!
- Click HERE to go to the Scavenger Hunt page
- To be eligible for prizes you must respond by Thursday 8/9/18
Bonus Days are Here!
- Get a $5 Coupon for EACH $50 spent during the month of August
- Redeem your Coupon(s) in September
- There’s no limit to how many coupons you can get!
- Click HERE to Shop Now
Color Your Season Limited Time Offer!
- Get Exclusive Products through 8/31 or while supplies last
- Get the NEW Blended Seasons Stamp Set and coordinating framelits
- Save 10% when you purchase the Stamp Set and framelits together
- Get NEW Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2
- Click HERE to see the products available through this promotion
Paper Pumpkin On Sale!
- Get 50% off your first Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Only first time subscribers are eligible for this offer
- Offer ends on 8/10/18
- Applies only to month to month subscriptions
- Must use Promo Code: BLOOM0818
- Click HERE to sign up for Paper Pumpkin