Today’s project features the Half Full Stamp Set with the Black Ice Technique. I’ve created a number of projects including some fun variations on this technique, plus a video tutorial on YouTube.
My original black ice technique project was made using a silver foil sheet and Archival Black Ink. I used a gold foil sheet and Blends Alcohol Markers to color in the images for today’s project.
To see the real beauty of this card and the black ice technique, check out the close up below!
Each time you do this technique, you will get a unique and beautiful result. Having said that, I’m always looking for what I consider to be the “signature” look, the visual effect that inspired the technique name to begin with.
In this close up you can see the “Black Ice” technique effect more clearly.
Click HERE to see a close up photo of one of my favorite cards that feature, the “signature” black ice technique effect.
The steps to do the black ice technique are actually quite simple.
- It starts with using the direct to paper technique to apply some Archival Black ink OR Jet Black StazOn.
- Then you stamp the images with Archival Black InkOR Jet Black StazOn, on the foil.
- The magic begins with this next step! Simply use a Versamark ink pad to very lightly apply streaks of ink to the foil.
- Pour on clear embossing powder and heat emboss. For all the important details for achieving, what I consider to be the signature black ice effect, watch my video tutorial below!
To learn more about this technique or check out more projects, check out my latest YouTube video featuring this technique, and more resources too!
- Check out my dedicated Black Ice Pinterest Board by clicking HERE.
- To see the original project that inspired the technique name click HERE.
- To check out more of what I create, check out my “My Paper Crafting Creations” Pinterest Board by clicking HERE.
Check out my Black Ice Technique Video Tutorial here:
If you watch here on my blog and enjoy this video, please go to my YouTube Channel to give it a thumbs up, share with friends and subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Thank you!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! There’s a complete supply list ahead with links to my Online Store. If you place an order please remember to use the current hostess code (if your order is under $150) so you’ll be eligible for my FREE Card Kit Program perks! If your order is $150 or more you get to be your own hostess and get hostess benefits!!!
Thanks for spending some time with me today!
More Going On Now…
Check out My NEW WEBSITE – Participate in my Website Launch Party Scavenger Hunt!
- Launch day is Friday 8/3/2018
- Participate in the Scavenger Hunt to win prizes!
- Participate in my Facebook Live Event at 7pm on 8/3 OR Watch the Replay!
- Click HERE to go to the Scavenger Hunt page
- To be eligible for prizes you must respond by Thursday 8/9/18
Bonus Days are Here!
- Get a $5 Coupon for EACH $50 spent during the month of August
- Redeem your Coupon(s) in September
- There’s no limit to how many coupons you can get!
- Click HERE to Shop Now
Color Your Season Limited Time Offer!
- Get Exclusive Products through 8/31 or while supplies last
- Get the NEW Blended Seasons Stamp Set and coordinating framelits
- Save 10% when you purchase the Stamp Set and framelits together
- Get NEW Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2
- Click HERE to see the products available through this promotion
Paper Pumpkin On Sale!
- Get 50% off your first Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Only first time subscribers are eligible for this offer
- Offer ends on 8/10/18
- Applies only to month to month subscriptions
- Must use Promo Code: BLOOM0818
- Click HERE to sign up for Paper Pumpkin