Today’s project features my very own Black Ice Technique with the Forever Fern Set and the new Brushed Metallic card stock.
The brushed metallic cardstock is in the August to December mini catalog and it’s absolutely gorgeous! It’s different than any of the other metallic card stocks in that it has subtle linear streaks throughout the surface. Ever since I first saw this new product I have had visions of using it with the Black Ice Technique with the Forever Fern Set. I love the dramatic and elegant results and hope you do too!
The Black Ice Technique is actually surprisingly easy to do!
That said, to get the signature Black Ice effect I recommend that you watch my video for all the tips and nuances if you plan to try out this technique.
So, what is the signature black ice effect you might ask?
I think of the signature black ice effect to be tiny ice like droplets in linear streaks. It is this look that made me think of the technique name because it’s how I envision what real black ice on a road might look like in the winter. In these next few photos, you may be able to see the effect that I’m talking about.
The wonderful sentiment on this card comes from the Love of Leaves Stamp Set.
This sentiment is especially meaningful to me! To learn why I love this sentiment so much make sure to watch my Facebook Live video at the end of this post.
Check out the adorable little acorn trinket and use of ribbons on the bottom of my card! These elements add some texture and tie in with the metallic theme as well.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this card with the Black Ice Technique with the Forever Fern Set!
For your convenience, there are dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post. Plus, make sure to watch my video especially if you plan to try out this technique.
More Going On Now
- Redeem Bonus Days Coupons Now! – Coupons Expire on 8/31/20! Click HERE to Shop Now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 9/3/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
See the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out my Facebook Live and video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 7 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Soft Suede Layer: 4-1/16″ x 5-5/16″
- Brushed Metallic Foil Focal Piece (Darkest in the set): 3-1/2″ x 4″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-11/16″ x 4-3/16″
- Basic Black Sentiment Piece: 5/16″ x 4-1/4″
- Very Vanilla Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″