I truly love medallion-style images and so I simply had to try the Black Ice Technique with the Treasured Medallion Set!
This new stamp set from the January to June mini-catalog includes images and shapes that conjure a regal, elegant style. The combination of my Black Ice Technique with the Treasured Medallion Set just seemed like a perfect match to achieve a dramatic, striking result. Plus, today’s project is easy to create!
The card in this first photo is the one I made during my recent Facebook Live. I’ll also be sharing another version of this same card to show the different results you can get when you do the Black Ice Technique.
If you’re not familiar with this technique, the signature “Black Ice” effect is the tiny linear droplets of what looks like ice on the surface of the foil. The shiny foil, combined with clear heat embossing and the subtle black streaks in behind, bring out this unique icy look.
In these photos, you may see that the “icy” elements on this focal piece show up in patches, and there are sections without the “ice” as well.
Each time you do this technique it will turn out a bit different but the result is always pretty!
This is absolutely my favorite new punch with two options for punched shapes and multiple width options as well!
Here is my second card featuring the Black Ice Technique with the Treasured Medallion Set:
For this version of my card there are simply more icy elements and more uniform coverage as well. It’s a subtle difference and hard to capture on camera but I thought it was worth noting so you’ll know to expect, and will enjoy the different results you get when you make your own.
I was also able to capture some good closeups of the signature Black Ice look for this project in the next two photos.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my project featuring the Black Ice Technique with the Treasured Medallion Set!
You should also know that you can purchase the Treasured Medallion Set and the coordinating Treasured Tags Pick A Punch as a bundle and you’ll save 10%!
Watch my video at the end of this post to learn how to do the Black Ice Technique with the Treasured Medallion Set. Plus, at the end of this post, you’ll also find dimensions and a complete supply list with links to my online store.
More Going On Now
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape – Event on 01/30/21. Register by 01/28/21! Click HERE to learn more.
- Technique Class Subscription and Technique Club Options Available for a limited time!
- Sale-A-Bration is Happening NOW! Get FREE products when you buy, host, and join!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/28/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Get Free Products during Sale-A-Bration when you Shop, Host, or Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit!
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this in my Facebook Live video tutorial here:
The project demonstration begins at around 6 minutes in case you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Sahara Sand Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Sahara Sand Foil Focal Piece: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Sahara Sand Foil Sentiment Piece: 1/2″ x 3″
- Basic Black Sentiment Backing: 11/16″ x 3-3/16″
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″