Today’s post offers a bit of a sneak peek into the April 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorials that feature the Tropical Oasis Suite.
These three projects all use the Tropical Oasis suite but they couldn’t be more different. I’ve also made variations of these three designs. Here’s the full ensemble of 7 card variations:
This first card is my version of the tutorial bundle design made by Sandra Hernandez.
I just love this colorful design. It’s not something I would have thought to do with the Tropical Oasis suite which makes it especially fun!
The colorful focal piece is exactly as Sandra designed it. It’s a bit labor intensive to make this card but it was so worth it! I did change the colors of my card base and focal backing. I wanted to bring in some black to go with the sentiment piece.
For the sentiment, I’ve die-cut three “aloha” pieces and layered them one on top of the other to make it really stand out. Here’s a close up photo:
What a fun card don’t you think?
This next card is my version of the tutorial bundle design made by Patti Dolan.
Now I had to change up her design because she used a piece of the Tropical Oasis designer paper (DSP) for the strip along the left side. I didn’t have any of that paper so I had to figure out an alternative. I decided to use a piece of Soft Suede card stock dry embossed with the Coastal Weave embossing folder. This piece is also sponged with Soft Suede ink.
For this first version, I simply stamped my flower with black ink onto a piece of Real Red card stock and die-cut it with one of the In The Tropics Dies. I then curled up the edges to make it look more realistic and attached it with a dimensional.
For this second card, everything is the same as on the first card except that I stamped my image on watercolor paper and then watercolored with some Mango Melody and Real Red inks.
On both versions of my card, I added some Wink of Stella to the flowers and curled and shaped the pineapple die-cut pieces to give them some dimension. I’ve also sponged these pieces to add even more dimension.
Last but not least is my contribution to the tutorial bundle.
I’ve created four variations of my card design as you can see here:
This first card is the actual card included in the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial bundle.
To learn how I created this multicolored focal piece make sure to watch my video later in this post.
For all of these cards I’ve used a variety of dies to create the frames and die-cut focal pieces.
The focal piece here was created using Stampin’ Write Markers in Old Olive and Soft Suede. In my video I created another version that also included Mossy Meadow on the palm tree. Check out my video to see that focal piece.
Here’s the third version of my card. It includes some additional die-cutting and stamping in behind the die-cut pieces.
The flower image here was created in the same way as the hibiscus flower on my first card.
Here’s three of my card designs with the main products I used from the Tropical Oasis suite:
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing this trio of very different projects made with the Tropical Oasis Suite.
I love how these show the versatility of these products!
For your convenience, there’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering. Plus, don’t forget to check out my video tutorial just ahead!
For future reference, on the first Tuesday of each month, the Simple Suite Stampers design team publishes a tutorial bundle, including 8 tutorials, focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month is, of course, the Tropical Oasis product suite.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the April 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 8 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order, when you use the current hostess code! Click HERE to subscribe!
- If you’re not a subscriber and you don’t want to become a subscriber, you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! At this purchase level, you’ll also get three Free Card Kits in the mail!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chick Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit!
- Here are just some of the other benefits:
- Become a part of an awesome group of fellow paper crafting enthusiasts and technique lovers!
- Get a minimum 20% discount on all your orders!
- Plus, there’s NO Long Term Commitment, NO Penalty for dropping.
- It’s a great time to buy the starter kit! If you join now, you’ll get to see and preorder from the new 2020 – 2021 Annual catalog starting on May 5th. The NEW Annual catalog goes live to customers on June 3rd, 2020!
- Plus, if you join before the end of April you’ll be eligible to receive the electronic materials for my latest Technique Class for FREE featuring a NEVER BEFORE SEEN Technique that I call Faux Ceramic.
- There are lots more perks too! Click HERE to learn more.
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
The project demonstrations begin at around 14 minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Faux Ceramic Technique Class PreOrder Happening Now! Preorder Deadline April 12, 2020. Click HERE to learn more!
- Product Based Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about these simple Classes-To-Go!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Click HERE for more details.
- Online Stamp Club Spots Now Available! Click HERE to learn more!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 4/16/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW Jan. to Jun. 2020 Mini-Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.