Today’s post offers a sneak peek into the June 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle which features cards with the 2020-2022 In-Colors.
On the first Tuesday of each month, the Simple Suite Stampers design team publishes a tutorial bundle, including 8 tutorials, focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month is cards with the 2020 – 2021 In-Colors. I love to share sneak peeks of a few of these projects partly to show how easy it is to re-make the designs with the items you have on hand.
Here’s the full set of cards I’ll be sharing today:
This card is my version of the design shared by Sandra Hernandez.
As is often the case I didn’t have the stamp set she used. She used the adorable Field of Flowers Bundle. I just loved her card and how she used all five in-colors. For my card, I used the Comfort & Hope Stamp Set which has lots of fun textural images that I thought would be a lot of fun to play with. I created two slightly different versions.
For this first version, all the stamping is done in Basic Gray ink with some first and second inking of several of the images. After stamping this card I found myself craving images that were more bold and crisp.
For the second version of my card I switched to using Jet Black StazOn and I also did some heat embossing.
Now we no longer carry black embossing powder in the catalog so I used a trick that I love where I can heat emboss in any color using clear embossing powder. I used this trick for both sentiments!
Don’t you just love this sentiment? I do!
“Cards are like sending a hug in an envelope” is something I like to say. It stands out so much more with the heat embossing too!
So if you’re not familiar with the trick for heating embossing in any color here’s a graphic that says it all:
Here are my two cards with the stamp set I used:
This next card is my version of the design shared by Katina Martinez.
This card is made with the Many Layered Blossoms Dies which coordinates with the Blossoms in Bloom Stamp Set. Arn’t these dies just incredible! I love how they layer.
For my card I’ve used some Wink of Stella on the Misty Moonlight card stock in the center of each of the flowers.
The shine of the Wink of Stella shows up a little better in this next photo.
This card was so easy to make! I even used an adhesive sheet to die-cut the top layer so the two layers would stick together without a lot of fuss.
This stamp set and dies can be purchased as a bundle too and you save 10%!
This next project is my contribution to the June tutorial bundle. I love this coordinating set of cards with the 2020-2022 In-Colors.
What I especially love about these monochromatic designs is that I get to showcase each of the in-colors and a few of the colors in the Stampin’ Up! color collections that coordinate beautifully with them.
For all of these cards I’ve used the Forever Fern Stamp Set for the foliage images and the sentiment comes from the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set. The foliage is stamped using Versamark Ink to get the tone-on-tone watermark look.
For each card I’ve created a graphic showing the color combination I used.
The ribbons used on each of these cards are also the in-colors.
You might notice that this next cards is slightly different from the rest. I’ve used some images from the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set to stamp with my Versamark.
I really adore this new set of In-Colors but if I had to pick my favorites they would probably be the Misty Moonlight (shown in this photo) and the Just Jade (coming up next).
I’d love to know what your favorite new In-Colors are!
I hope you’ll consider leaving a comment and letting me know.
Now there’s one more detail you should know about!
Can you see the texture in each of the sentiment pieces?
The sentiments were stamped in the ink color of the card base. Then they were die-cut using an Oval Stitched Shapes Die. This die-cut piece was then attached to an oval backing and the whole piece was dry embossed using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. The sentiment piece was then popped up on Dimensionals.
Here’s the full ensemble of cards and the stamp sets I used:
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my 7 cards with the 2020-2022 In-Colors!
For more details and tips make sure to check out my video at the end of this post. I’ve put together one each of these three card layouts in the video.
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post in case you’d like to recreate these cards or purchase any of the products I’ve used. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the June 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 8 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order.
- If you’re not a subscriber you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! You’ll also get Free Card Kits!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chick Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit! Plus, this month ONLY… Get a FREE Bundle of your choice. A value of up to $60.25!
- Here are just some of the other benefits:
- Become a part of an awesome group of fellow paper crafting enthusiasts and technique lovers!
- Get a minimum 20% discount on all your orders!
- Plus, there’s NO Long Term Commitment and NO Penalty for dropping.
- There are lots more perks too! Click HERE to learn more.
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
The project demonstrations begin at around 14 minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Get Hostess Rewards withOUT Hosting with my 10 @ $100 Limited-Time Special Offer! Ends 6/14/20!
- Special Hostess Offer Happening NOW through 6/30/20! Host a party with sales of $250 or more and get an EXTRA $25 in hostess rewards! That’s a minimum of $50 in free products!
- Special Starter Kit Offer Happening NOW!
- Get a FREE Bundle of your choice. A value of up to $60.25!
- Offer valid from June 3rd to June 30th, 2020!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store!
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 6/11/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.