In today’s post, I’ll be featuring cards with the Elegantly Said bundle.
You’ll see five variations of my card with each one showcasing one of the 12 gorgeous patterns in the Simply Elegant Specialty designer paper pack. The Elegantly Said Bundle and this paper are products in the amazing Simply Elegant Product Suite. The card you see below is my original card design but I made four additional variations using other patterns in the designer paper pack.
This card is super easy to put together however the sentiment element is what ties it all together.
Here are a few details for how I made this element plus a close up photo below:
- The piece behind the sentiment is dry embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder and punched out with the Elegant Tag Punch.
- I’ve used a sentiment from the Elegantly Said Stamp set with the Gilded Leafing, which makes it especially shiny and elegant. It’s also popped up on Dimensionals. Watch my video later in this post to learn some important tips about using Gilded Leafing.
Now I do have one important tip for you here and that is, NEVER, blow, sneeze, cough, or use a heat tool near an open container of Gilded Leafing!
Here’s a photo of my sweet friend Rosanne when one of these things happens:
She was worried at first that I’d upset but it was simple to clean up. We just used a paintbrush and carefully swept it back into its container. We all had a good little chuckle!
The Gilded Leafing pairs beautifully with the Metallic Specialty Paper.
This paper comes in 6″ x 6″ pieces and in the pack, you get both Gold and Rose Gold pieces. There’s a photo below but unfortunately, it doesn’t do it justice. In the video, at the end of this post, I showed both colors of this paper and you can see it much better than in the photo here.
In the photo below you’ll see a great close-up of the amazing Specialty Metallic Paper in the Gold. Can you see the gorgeous texture? I am absolutely in LOOOOVE with this paper. I literally gasped when I first saw it in person.
Now the Simply Elegant designer paper really does much of the work in making this design!
Here’s a photo of all the patterns of paper in this pack that include metallic elements. I’ve used all but one on the various versions of my cards.
The backsides of the papers do not have metallic elements but they are also very pretty and versatile too! I especially love the pattern with the leaves.
So, I don’t know about you but I can totally see recreating this card using other designer paper patterns. I challenge you to do just that!
As promised earlier in this post, here are the other versions I made of this card using some of the other patterns of designer paper in the Simply Elegant Specialty paper Pack.
I actually made 26 of these, with some help from a friend, for the Maui Incentive Trip Achievers swap.
The only time consuming piece was the Gilded Leafing sentiment piece but it was totally worth it!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project made with the Elegantly Said Bundle and other products from the Simply Elegant Suite!
Would you like to receive the precut, dry embossed, and punched pieces to make this card for FREE?
If you are eligible to receive these free card kits you’ll get the parts and pieces to make this card, plus two additional cards, depending on the size of your order. A PDF with the dimensions, supplies, and photos of each of the three projects will also be provided. Here’s a photo of the current kits:
Learn how you can get FREE Card Kits!
You can get free kits from me through my FREE Card Kits program or get DOUBLE KITS when you join my Online Stamp Club! It’s just one of the ways I thank my customers for purchasing products through my online store! Click on the links above to learn more!
Plus, first-time customers get all three kits no matter how small their purchase size!
At the end of this post, you’ll find a video tutorial plus dimensions and supply lists for these cards. The supply list includes links to my online store for your convenience!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- New Technique Class featuring Landscape Scenes! Learn more by clicking HERE!
- Get Up to 50% off on Last Chance items Retiring from the January – June Mini-Catalog! Click HERE!
- Host and Get a minimum of $50 in FREE Products from Stampin’ Up! with qualifying Parties OR Place an order of $250 in merchandise or more! Contact me to get your own host code OR simply order now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! I have a new special offer in September just for subscribers. Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 6/10/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video to earn how to make this project with the Elegantly Said Bundle:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 4-1/4” x 11”
- Simply Elegant Speciality Designer Paper: 3” x 5-1/2”
- Basic Black Backing: 3-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Basic White Inside Piece: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Scraps in Basic Black for sentiment and punched piece in behind
Leave a Reply