Today’s post includes sneak peeks of the December 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle. These projects all feature the Stampin’ Up! So Many Snowflakes Dies.
The focus of this month’s tutorial bundle is the gorgeous Snowflake Splendor suite of products which I totally adore. Now I absolutely love snowflakes in general but that said, the artwork, die-shapes, and embellishments in this suite are likely the best I’ve ever seen. While I’ve used several of the products in this suite the one product that I’ve used on all of these projects is the Stampin’ Up! So Many Snowflakes Dies. Here’s a peek at all the projects I’ll be talking about in this post:
This first project was designed by design team member Patti Dolan.
For the card you see here I did not change a thing. It’s so pretty, don’t you think?
This next card was the version I made in my Facebook Live. There’s only one slight difference. When I was creating this live I simply forgot to sponge the Balmy Blue over the dry embossed and die-cut piece. I decided to just go with it and I think it’s still pretty as is.
This next project was design team member Debbie Dechain’s card.
This is a slimline, extra large card and I think it’s simply stunning, especially in person!
For my version of Debbie’s card, I used the Metallic Mesh Ribbon which I simply adore. Debbie used three pieces of the Snowflake Splendor ribbon wrapped around the left side which looked quite beautiful too. I chose to use this alternative option just because I thought it would be a little easier to show live, plus, I’m just a little addicted to this Metallic Mesh Ribbon. 🙂
Can you tell that each of the three snowflakes is extra thick and popped up?
To create these snowflakes I attached a piece of shimmery white card stock to a foam adhesive sheet and then die-cut the snowflakes with my Stampin Cut & Emboss machine.
Tip: You may want to run your piece through the die-cut machine several times to make sure to get a complete cut especially with a detailed shape like this one. I went back and forth maybe four or five times.
After my snowflakes were attached I added some Clear Wink of Stella for some extra shimmer, plus a Blue Adhesive Backed Gem to the center of each snowflake.
The last card I’m sharing today with the Stampin’ Up! So Many Snowflakes Dies, was my contribution to the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle.
For my project, I used the largest snowflake die from the So Many Snowflakes Dies to create the negative space snowflake you see in these focal pieces. I created two versions just to mix things up a bit. The Snowflake Splendor designer paper piece on these cards is the front and backside of the same piece.
In behind the die-cut front piece I’ve attached a piece of the Balmy Blue Glimmer paper using some multipurpose liquid glue. It’s the only glue I’ve found that works when attaching things to glimmer paper!
The focal piece is attached to a piece of Pool Party card stock and then attached to the card with strips of foam adhesive sheets. The Snowflake Splendor ribbon is tied around the bottom of the card so that it straddles where the designer paper meets the Balmy Blue card base.
I love how this gorgeous ribbon complements the Balmy Blue Glimmer paper and Blue Adhesive backed gem in the center.
Here’s the second version of my card with the alternative designer paper pattern. I’m sort of on the fence about which version I like better. The first card really makes you focus on the focal piece whereas on this next one my eye is drawn to the designer paper as well. How about you? Do you have a preference for which you like better?
One additional detail I’d like to point out is the Balmy Blue snowflake in the center.
Design Note: To me, this snowflake with the Blue Adhesive backed gem really pulls the whole card design together.
- With the addition of the Balmy Blue center element, I now have that same color in three places; the center, the card body, and touches in the designer paper.
- The addition of the gem provides the same benefit because with the gem I’ve got a little bling in three places, the center, behind the negative space of the large snowflake, and the ribbon.
This Balmy Blue snowflake is attached so that it’s popped up just a little bit but not too much. I folded glue dots in half and placed them behind the six endpoints of the snowflake. This was done so I’d essentially get the height of two glue dots (while also making them small enough to hide). For the center, I rolled up a glue dot so it would remain hidden and provide extra dimension as well. I do love dimension and texture and this card has a bunch of it!
Tip: Use 1, 2, or 3 layers of glue dots (or a rolled-up glue dot) to pop up a shape when you don’t want as much height as a dimensional would provide.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s projects featuring the Stampin’ Up! So Many Snowflakes Dies and Snowflake Splendor suite of products!
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering. Some dimensions were given in my Facebook Live video at the end of this post.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the December 2020 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. Includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order.
- If you’re not a subscriber you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! You’ll also get Free Card Kits!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chicks Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 plus free shipping!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Year-End Close Out Sale Coming on 12/8/20! Get up to 50% off on retiring products! More details coming soon!!!
- Taste of a Suite Product Shares Coming Soon! Check out the basics of my unique product shares offering by clicking HERE.
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape – Register by 12/14/20 to be eligible for the Early Bird Bonus drawing! Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/10/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video to learn how to make these projects with the Stampin’ Up! So Many Snowflakes Dies::
The project demonstrations begin at around 17-½ minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.
Leave a Reply