I just love these Clean and Simple Cards with the Peony Garden paper!
The truth is that my first design with this layout was made with the Magic In This Night designer series paper, which is the product suite that also includes the gorgeous Black Glitter Paper and Metallic Mesh Ribbon you see here. I love the original design (which you’ll see later in this post), but at the time I was working on my designs for my upcoming clubs and needed to use a designer paper with more neutral patterns and colors. Today’s clean and simple cards with the Peony Garden paper were the perfect match for what I needed.
The Peony Garden designer paper pack includes the colors, Petal Pink, Gray Granite, and Smoky Slate. I’ve used the Petal Pink and Gray Granite paper patterns to coordinate with the Gray Granite sentiment piece and really only used the subtle, small patterns. There are other patterns with larger images too which might also look very pretty with this design. This is one of the two variations I made.
What really makes this card is the lovely central panel with the sentiment, which is stamped on one of the Tasteful Labels dies. For this version I simply stamped the sentiment in black ink but for the second version I did something a bit more special.
Below is a photo of the backside of this central panel. I’ve simply cut my mesh ribbon down the center and attached it to the backside of the Basic Black card stock with dimensionals.
This next version of my card uses two different patterns of the Peony Garden designer paper.
I love the floral pattern in this top piece of designer paper!
Plus, I’ve made the sentiment shiny to coordinate with the bling of the glitter paper, mesh ribbon and rhinestone jewels.
Watch my video at the end of this post to learn how to heat emboss in any color with just ONE embossing powder!
These next two cards are actually my original versions of this card layout. I just love to remake card layouts with different products!
As mentioned earlier, these two cards were made with the Magic In This Night suite of products including the Magic In This Night designer series paper, Black Glitter Paper, and Metallic Mesh Ribbon. The sentiment is from the Beautiful Autumn Stamp Set.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing these Clean and Simple Cards with the Peony Garden paper!
Would you like to receive the precut and die-cut pieces to make this card and more for FREE?
Here’s a photo of the three current kits:
Learn how you can get FREE Card Kits!
You can get free kits from me through my FREE Card Kits program or get DOUBLE KITS when you join my Online Stamp Club! It’s just one of the ways I thank my customers for purchasing products through my online store! Click on the links above to learn more!
Plus, first-time customers get all three kits no matter how small the purchase size!
At the end of this post, you’ll find a video tutorial plus dimensions and supply lists for today’s project. The supply list includes links to my online store for your convenience!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Cracked Glass Technique Class Preorder Happening Now! Click HERE to learn more!
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares Now Available to Preorder! Click HERE to learn more. Click HERE to see my video walkthrough.
- Year-End Close Out Sale Happening Now! Get up to 50% off on retiring products! Learn more here: https://melissascraftingtreehouse.com/year-end-closeout-sale-2020/
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape 01/30/21 – Register by 01/28/20. Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! I have a new special offer in September just for subscribers. Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/7/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make these Clean and Simple Cards with the Peony Garden paper in my video tutorial:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Basic Black Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Peony Garden (or Magic In This Night) Designer Paper (Large): 3″ x 4″
- Peony Garden (or Magic In This Night) Designer Paper (Small): 2″ x 4″
- Basic Black Sentiment Backing: 1-5/8″ x 4″
- Black Glitter Paper: 1-3/8″ x 4″
- Whisper White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Gray Granite (or Pretty Peacock or Cajun Craze) Cardstock scrap for Sentiment
Leave a Reply