Yesterday’s Facebook Live event featured two clean and simple cards made with the Floral Romance product suite, the Butterfly Gala bundle, the Botanical Butterfly Designer Paper and the Strong & Beautiful Stamp Set.
I love both of these clean and simple cards! One was CASE’d and the other is my version. So the card on the left was CASE’d from Tina Wardell. I pretty much copied her card exactly, except she also included some sequins and Wink of Stella. On this card, the butterflies were punched out of the gorgeous Botanical Butterfly designer paper (a Free item during Sale-A-Bration) with the Butterfly Duet punch, and then a sponge dauber was used to apply Rich Razzleberry ink. Check out the detail on these butterflies! So pretty right?!
The card on the right is my variation on Tina’s design.
I love the black elements in Tina’s card but I really wanted to use the NEW Petal Pink Variegated ribbon (from the Floral Romance suite) on my design and found that the black was too strong with this delicate ribbon. So, instead, I used some Petal Pink cardstock to back my focal piece and stamped the butterflies with Blackberry Bliss to soften the look.
The Floral Romance designer paper is a specialty paper and includes both vellum and regular opaque designer paper pieces.
In this pack, you get half vellum pieces (in two designs) and half regular opaque pieces (in two designs). There are twelve pieces in the pack with three each of the four designs. Most other designer paper packs have two each of six designs.
I fell in love with this designer paper as soon as I saw it! I love the natural, realistic images and, I’m always a sucker for combinations of greens and purples too! The DSP pattern shown on these cards is my favorite in the set and is one of the vellum pieces. Since the vellum is translucent, I put a piece of Whisper White cardstock in behind to make sure the images would really show well.
Quick Tip: Layer the DSP and Whisper White cardstock and cut them at the same time to make sure they are both perfectly sized.
A few additional project details:
- The outlines of the butterflies were stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink, and the insides were stamped with the same color stamped off.
- Paint the butterflies with a Clear Wink of Stella Brush.
- Attach the butterflies to the vellum. Then, use mini glue dots to attach the vellum to the white cardstock only in behind where the butterflies are attached. That way, the glue dots don’t show through the vellum.
- Watch my Facebook Live video tutorial just ahead for additional tips and details.
If you love the Floral Romance DSP and Ribbon, you may want to consider purchasing my Floral Romance Product Share!
You get some of the designer paper, ribbon, and some of the two embellishments that are part of this suite, in the product share for just $15 (plus shipping). You’d spend about $44 to get full packs of all these consumables. The product share is shown in the photo below. To learn about all the “Taste of a Suite” product shares being offered click HERE.
I offer product shares with the introduction of every new catalog!
Click HERE and leave a comment if you missed this round of product shares, but would like to receive notifications of future product share being offered.
In your comment simply say, “Please notify me of future product shares.”
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today featuring these clean and simple cards!
For your convenience, you’ll find a complete supply list and dimensions for today’s project just ahead. The supply list includes links to my Online Store so it will be easy for you to find and purchase these products as you desire.
If you do not already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and you enjoy the projects I share, I’d love to support you in your paper crafting journey!
To become a part of my community…
- Click HERE to Subscribe to my email list. Get subscriber only perks periodically too!
- Contact me to request a catalog by clicking HERE!
- Join my amazing team of “Treehouse Chicks”. There’s an amazing Starter Kit Special happening NOW too!
- Buy the Starter Kit for $99 and GET $175 in Products! You get to pick the products too!!!
- To learn more about joining my team click HERE.
Please let me know if you have questions. I’m here to help!
Check out my Facebook Live Video here:
If you want to skip the announcements, the clean and simple cards project demonstration, starts at about 18 minutes. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now…
- Get Your “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares NOW!
- Preorder period ends 1/4/19!
- Click HERE to learn more about these unique product shares!
- Shares will be filled and distributed in January.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 1/10/19 at 4 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Click HERE to learn more.
- Get 10% Off everything during the Stamp n Storage 10 year Anniversary Celebrating!
- Click on the graphic below to begin shopping.
* Please note, I just started as an affiliate for Stamp-n-Storage so if you use this link and purchase products through Stamp-n-Storage I will get a small commission.
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Click Below to see the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Whisper White Card Body: 5-½” x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black OR Petal Pink Layer: 2-3/16″ x 5″
- Floral Romance DSP: 2″ x 4-13/16″
- Whisper White Layer (behind DSP): 2″ x 4-13/16″
Sandra Carter says
Gorgeous cards. I am just about ready to start mothers day cards for the troops here in Oz so thank you for the inspiration.
Tina Wardell says
I LOVE the Mother’s Day Variation! Thank you for sharing mine and your beautiful variation! Pretty sure I will be CASing that one in return!
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks so much Tina! I love that you might make mine too. 🙂