Welcome to the March Color Challenge for the Color Fusers Blog Hop!
I hope you’re enjoying the blog hop so far! This is a monthly blog hop that goes live on the first Monday of each month at 10 am EST.
My project today is a fun fold card that features the All Adorned Stamp Set and a method for heat embossing in any color, with just one embossing powder.
As you may be able to tell, the card body is made with two pieces of cardstock, that are attached with ribbon.
The ribbon is wrapped around the front and the ends are put through two holes in the top flap. Once through the holes the ribbon is tied in a knot on the front of the card. If that’s hard to understand simply watch my video tutorial ahead.
Here’s how the card looks on the inside:
A few details about the focal piece:
- I first used the Stamparatus to stamp the corner image four times, to create the smoky slate frame.
- Next, two stamps, one superimposed over the other, were used to create the image in the center of the frame. Here are the steps that were done:
- The first image was stamped in Smoky Slate ink.
- For the second image, I used a method for heat embossing in color without using colored embossing powder. The process is simple. You simply ink up the stamp with Versamark, ink up with the color of your choosing right over the Versamark, cover the piece with clear embossing powder and heat emboss. For the focal piece here Gorgeous Grape was the color of ink used.
In the photo below can you see how the Gorgeous Grape image is a deep rich color that shines? It really makes the end result more vibrant and rich!
The graphic here explains this simple process for heat embossing in ANY color with just ONE embossing powder! I love this trick and hope you do too!
The All Adorned Stamp Set is available as a FREE gift with a $50 merchandise order during Sale-A-Bration.
The images are designed to be superimposed over one another to create some very elegant, gorgeous end results. Plus, the corner frame stamp can be used on different sizes of cardstock, including larger squares (than the one here) and on rectangles as well. I’ve shown a few alternatives in the video tutorial ahead.
I hope you enjoyed my project today and will check out the video tutorial just ahead for all the details and tips.
To recreate and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions just ahead.
Plus, be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
Check out my Video Tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Click HERE to see another fun project featuring the All Adorned stamp set!
More Going On Now
- Sale-A-Bration Coordination Products NOW Available!
- During the Month of March purchase exclusive products that coordinate with several Sale-A-Bration Products including dies, stamps and a punch!
- Click HERE to see these products.
- Check out the 2nd Release Sale-A-Bration Items by Clicking HERE!
- GET PERKS when you place an order through my online store!
- Receive FREE Project Kits through my Free Card Kits Program with qualifying purchases. The more you purchase the more kits you get! Click HERE for more details.
- Also, don’t forget that for EVERY $50 in merchandise spent you’ll get a FREE item from Stampin’ Up! through Sale-a-Bration. Click HERE for more details about this promotion.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- As a subscriber, you get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order! Includes 8 Tutorials!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 3/7/19 at 4 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Get $175 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during Sale-A-Bration!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click Below to see the Sale-A-Bration Coordination Flyer – Products Available to purchase in March 2019!
See the 2019 2nd Release Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF by clicking below.
Click Below to see the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Gray Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 6-5/8″ Scored @ 1-1/8″
- Highland Heather Layer: 4″ x 5-3/8″
- Gorgeous Grape Focal Backing: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Whisper White Inside: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Melanie Hockin says
Pretty card Melissa, and a cool technique too!
Sally McDonald says
Beautiful! Sold me on this Free set!
Melissa Kerman says
So glad you like the project! Thanks for letting me know. 🙂
MELANIE MORRIS says
Great card! Thanks for sharing!!
Jo Anne Hewins says
Love your card, Melissa. Great information on your post!!!!
Tami Hewlett says
I just keep staring at your card. It’s amazingly beautiful!!!!
Melissa Kerman says
Wow, that’s so cool. I’m so glad you like it so much! Thanks for commenting and letting me know! Have a great day Tami!