Check out today’s colorful clean and simple cards! These are sneak peeks of the February 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle.
On the first Tuesday of each month, the Simple Suite Stampers design team publishes a tutorial bundle focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month is the Snail Mail product suite. That said, we always have the option to use either the main suite or we can use products within a certain range of pages in the catalog. I was not inspired to use the featured suite so instead, I used the Flowering Vine Dies and the Floating and Fluttering bundle for my colorful clean, and simple cards. That said, if I’d seen all the fun projects in this tutorial bundle I would have likely changed my mind and purchased some of the products in the Snail Mail suite!
Here are the two sneak peek projects shared in my recent Facebook Live.
This first project was my redo of talented design team member, Jo Blackman.
Since I did not purchase the Snailed It bundle I needed to find another image to replace the adorable snail that Jo used. I picked an image from the Floating and Fluttering Stamp Set which is part of the Floating and Fluttering bundle.
One stamp was used for the black outline on this lovely set of images you see on this card. I stamped the image directly onto the white panel. For this version, I used Blends Alcohol Markers to color in the images.
Here’s a close up of my colored image. I just love how the Blends Alcohol Markers allow me to add shading to my colors and they’re so easy to use.
There are also individual stamps in the set that can be used to “color in” these images.
Here’s a version where I used the stamps in the set to apply the colors to the individual images. For all the butterflies there are two additional images that are layered on top of the black outline. It’s best seen on the butterfly on the right, where I used Real Red ink that was stamped off for a light layer of red, and then I stamped the second image in full ink. I’ll be die-cutting this colored image to use on another card instead of stamping directly onto the card front.
One of the elements I loved about Jo’s design was the hand-drawn lines around the edges.
Generally speaking, I’m not too fond of doing this kind of hand drawing myself, but I decided to give it a try anyway since I just love the look. I’m pretty happy with my result so glad I gave it a try.
Now just in case you don’t want to give the hand-drawn version a try, I have an alternative for you. I used the images shown in the photo below to create the same basic effect.
So, in my Facebook Live, I decided to try a slight variation on what you see above.
For this one, I used second and third inking to create my lines of dots. Plus, one of the Facebook Live participants had a brilliant suggestion that I use little diamonds or hearts as the spacers instead of the little x’s. Below you’ll see my finished card with those variations. For this one, I also die-cut the stamped colored piece and attached it with glue dots for some added dimension. I like how it turned out! It’s got a playful whimsical look.
For one final touch I just had to stamp on the inside of the card. Pretty right?
This next card is my contribution to the February 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial bundle.
This card is so simple to make because there is no stamping, just die-cutting.
I used the Flowering Vine Dies to die-cut the basic grey large floral rectangular piece, and multiples of three of the floral shaped dies for the flower pieces. The color scheme comes directly from the Snail Mail designer paper and is the designated color scheme for this month’s tutorial bundle projects.
The Stitched Rectangle Dies were used for the Basic Gray and Basic Black layers. As you may be able to see below the black layer was also dry embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
Putting this card together is easy but it will take a bit of time to get your pieces in place. Here’s a tip to make it a bit easier and less messy.
Instead of putting full strength multipurpose glue on your pieces (which can ooze out and make a mess) use diluted glue and apply it with a sponge. This will give you more even coverage because it spreads more easily. You can also apply it to your die-cut and let it dry a bit so it’s tacky, not goopy. By doing this it’s not as messy. Then attach the flower pieces to the sticky backside of your die so they show through on the front as you’d like. I created a pattern of colors on mine.
After your die-cut pieces are attached on the backside, use your gluey sponge to apply another layer of glue so the flowers have glue on them too. Then you can attach the whole thing to the die-cut, dry embossed black rectangle.
I’m inclined to orient this card in the landscape direction, but it also looks great oriented in the portrait direction as well. You’ll see two versions of my card below. For the second one, I simply changed the placement of some of my colors.
I just adore these Flowering Vine Dies! You should also know that you can get them as part of the Vine Design Bundle and save 10%!
Stay tuned for more projects made with these beautiful products!
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my colorful clean and simple cards!
Get the February 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order.
- If you’re not a subscriber you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current hostess code! You’ll also get Free Card Kits!
- Do NOT use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get hostess rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chick Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99, free shipping, plus…
- During Sale-A-Bration you’ll get 200 sheets of designer paper for FREE!
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Technique Class Subscription & Technique Club Options Available for a limited time!
- Sale-A-Bration is Happening NOW! Get FREE products when you buy, host, and join!
- January to June 2021 Mini Catalog is now LIVE! Shop On-Line or check out a PDF of this catalog!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 02/11/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Get Free Products during Sale-A-Bration when you Shop, Host, or Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit!
See the January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video tutorial featuring these colorful clean and simple cards here:
The project demonstrations begin at around 9 minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.
Floating & Fluttering Card
Flowering Vine Card