Today I’m featuring my September 2022 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle project which includes coloring autumn leaves.
For this project, I’ve used Blends Alcohol Markers and the Rustic Harvest Designer Paper. I love fall colors so coloring autumn leaves is something I really enjoy! Plus, it’s so easy with Alcohol Markers and black and white paper patterns because you don’t even have to worry about staying in the lines!
The card you see here is my original version. I made a second one, with some small variations, that I actually like even more!
Make sure to scroll down and see the second version too!
To get started making the focal piece I used my light and dark Blends Alcohol Markers to color each of my leaves. The colors used here are Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight, and Cajun Craze. This is actually the color scheme in the Rustic Harvest Designer Paper pack. I love using designer paper to help me pick color combinations and I love this one!
When coloring with Blends Alcohol Markers I like to start by putting down a layer of my light color, next I color on some darker highlights and then I go back in with my light color to blend where the light and dark meet. If more blending is needed I use my Color Lifter for some finishing touches.
One of my favorite things about the coloring here is the way I’ve got some yellow on the tips of a few of the leaves. It’s like the leaves are changing color like they do in nature.
A few additional details about the card:
- The sentiment comes from the Quiet Meadow Stamp Set. It is heat embossed in gold and attached to a small strip of green glimmer washi tape with multipurpose liquid glue.
- The Cajun Craze layer behind is dry embossed with the Timber 3-D Embossing folder.
- A Clear Wink of Stella Brush was used in the places where there is yellow on the leaves. It’s hard to see here however, it shows up a little better in some of the photos below.
- For added bling, I’ve colored some Iridescent Rhinestones using my Mossy Meadow Blends Alcohol Marker.
A piece of green glimmer washi tape was added to the inside. Isn’t this a fun little surprise on the inside?
Below is the second version of my card.
At first glance it might look identical however, there are a few important differences that I especially love!
Firstly, on this piece of designer series paper, there happened to be some little ovate-shaped leaves that didn’t appear on the previous card. These were colored with a combination of Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight, a combination I did not use on the previous card. In addition, instead of using only Mossy Meadow for my green, I decided to color some of my leaves in Old Olive ink instead which is a lighter green.
The combination of these two changes added a much brighter look to the coloring which lightened up the whole feel of the card.
In addition, instead of using colored Iridescent Rhinestones, I’ve used the Amber Gems on this version which also added more light and shine to the card.
These are small changes that produced a big impact on the card as a whole!
Also, can you see the Clear Wink of Stella on the yellow tips and all over the ovate-shaped leaves? Pretty right?!
To me, this card went from pretty but somewhat dull (left), to bright and vibrant while still being earthy and beautiful!
What do you think? Do you prefer one over the other or is just me?
So, you may remember that this project is my contribution to the September, Simple Suite Stampers tutorial bundle. This month’s theme is the Rustic Harvest Suite of products. I sure hope you’ve enjoyed my project. Do you want to see me coloring autumn leaves for this card? If so, watch my video shared later in this post.
Product List Included Below
Also later in this post, you’ll find a complete supply list for the projects shared today. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
If you enjoyed today’s projects you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the September 2022 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with any size order!
- Do NOT use the host code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get host rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chicks Team Member!
- Get $125 in products for just $99 plus free shipping, a FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit, Catalogs, Business Supplies, and so much more!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Get the Creative Play with Adhesives Technique Class for FREE when you buy an Adhesives Essentials Pack – Click HERE to Learn More and Buy it Now!
- Lights Aglow Stamp-A-Stack PDF Instant Download is Available NOW! Click HERE to learn more and buy the PDF!
- Autumn Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape: October 21 & 22, 2022! Click to Reserve Your Spot NOW!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and Get Special Perks!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 9/29/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND a gift from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the July to December 2022 Holiday Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below!
Check out the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.