For today’s card, I’ll be coloring on Gold Foil with the To A Wild Rose Set
Last week I shared a card made with the same set I’m using today. These two projects are variations on the same basic theme but today’s card features a new twist as I’ve also done some coloring on Gold Foil with the To A Wild Rose Set. You can’t color with just anything on foil since it’s a non-porous surface so that’s the focus of today’s post.
Just like on the card shared on 12/30/20, I’ve used the direct to paper technique, heat embossing, and two-step stamping. Click HERE to see my previous post to learn all the details.
After all my images were heat embossed, the only thing left to do on the focal piece is to color, but you can’t use regular water-based markers!
- For the heat embossed images on this card, I’ve colored them in with Blends Alcohol Markers. Since the foil is a non-porous surface, the ink from water-based markers will just sit on the surface and can be rubbed off, but alcohol markers will dry and not rub off.
- The flower was colored with Bronze and I’ve used a Dark Old Olive Blends Alcohol marker for the leaves.
IMPORTANT TIP: I would NOT recommend using a color lifter on foil sheets. I’ve found that they can remove the metallic finish, in some cases.
A few additional details:
- The gold foil focal piece is attached directly to the black foil sheet.
- The string of gold sequins is attached with glue dots around the backside of the black foil.
- The black foil piece is attached with Dimensionals to a piece of black card stock, that is dry embossed using the Subtle 3-D embossing folder.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my project with coloring on gold foil with the To A Wild Rose Set.
You’ll find dimensions and a supply list at the end of this post in case you’d like to purchase any of the supplies to recreate this card.
More Going On Now
- Cracked Glass Technique Class Available to purchase now! Click HERE for details!
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares Available to Preorder! Click HERE to learn more. Click HERE to see my video walkthrough.
- Year-End Close Out Sale Happening Now! Get up to 50% off on retiring products! Learn more here: https://melissascraftingtreehouse.com/year-end-closeout-sale-2020/
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape 01/30/21 – Register by 01/28/20. Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/07/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
NEW January to June 2021 Mini Catalog PDF coming 01/05/21.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-5/8″
- Black Foil: 3-5/8″ x 4-1/2″
- Gold Foil Layer: 3″ x 3-3/4″
- White Inside Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″