Watercoloring techniques can be super easy or a bit more difficult but honestly, one of the challenges is just having a certain mindset while you’re doing it.
Coloring with watercolor is the easiest of the water coloring techniques to me. It still can be a bit intimidating to many people, and I think part of the reason is that it turns out different every time you do it. For me, the letting go of control, and just seeing what you get, is a lot of the fun. That’s the mindset that is the most helpful for me. Plus, I love watching the ink move in the water as I color!
I’ve used coloring with watercolor, for my rose and surrounding leaves, plus I’ve done some sponging.
This was one of my July club projects and is one of the July/August Free Card Kit projects too!
In case you’re interested, there are details about my Free Card Kit program later in this post.
So, today’s card is made with the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set.
This stamp set can be purchased as a stand-alone set or as part of a bundle that includes coordinating dies. You save 10% when you buy the bundle!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing this project. If you like the look, check out my video tutorial to see me coloring with watercolor!
If you’d like to recreate this card, scroll down to the end of this post, and you’ll find project dimensions and a complete supply list, with links to my online store.
More Going On Now
- Reserve your 2019 Holiday Catalog “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares NOW!
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get
$125$155 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during July and August 2019, plus get a $10 coupon to spend the month after you join! Click HERE to learn more.
- Redeem Bonus Days Coupons that were earned in July, during the month of August! – Click HERE for details!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 8/22/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Whisper White Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″″
- Whisper White Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Blueberry Bushel Focal Backing: 3-1/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Watercolor Paper Focal Piece: 2-7/8″ x 4″
Leave a Reply