Check out these creative card ideas made with bubble wrap and other unusual materials!
I just love playing with any material I find around the house to create texture in my card making. I’ve used lots of different materials including bubble wrap, plastic wrap, cardboard (the corrugated inside), mesh bags (from produce), papers that come wrapped around flowers and more! It is so fun to add some inks, stamp and see what you get! I’ve had so much fun with this that I decided to have a play session with my team and let them play as well. In this post, you’ll see some of their creations and a few of mine as well.
This first one was made by Barb and is made with small bubble wrap, and the sentiment is from the Daisy Lane stamp set.
This next one was made by Claudia. She used a material I found wrapped around flowers, bought at the grocery store.
This next one is made with the same material as the one above just in a different color.
Do you recognize the shape and size of the stamped “image”? It’s actually just the face of an ink pad!
For this one, Claudia and Cindi just stamped over the material, to get the effect you see here. The sentiment is from the Beautiful Day stamp set.
Aimee’s card just ahead was made with large bubble wrap, and the sentiment is from the Rooted In Nature stamp set.
I love the look created by the large bubbles!
The next few cards are my own creations.
I attempted to create a bit of an Ombre effect going from left to right with pinks.
For this next one I actually “stamped” using the bubble wrap more than once.
So I inked up my bubble wrap, pressed my watercolor paper against the bubble wrap and then did it a second time with some additional colors. This was one of my first creations using bubble wrap in this way.
Can you guess what I used to create this next background?
Scrunched up plastic wrap was used to apply various colors of ink, one at a time. The paper was then spritzed with water to help the inks blend a little. I just LOVE all the textures that can be created when using different materials like the ones in this post. It’s a bit of a surprise each time I use a new material! I hope you’ll give it a try!
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s creative card ideas made by me and my team. We had so much fun!
By the way, it’s a great time to buy the Starter Kit and to become a Treehouse Chick! Why you may ask?
As a demonstrator, you’ll get to see and preorder from the new mini catalog very soon, plus you’ll get a minimum 20% discount, FREE Technique Classes from me and so much more!!!
- The Mini Catalog PDF will be viewable by demonstrators starting tomorrow, 11/18!
- Starting on 12/3 demonstrators will be able to preorder from this mini catalog AND earn FREE Sale-A-Bration items with orders at that time!
- Customers have to wait till 01/03/19 to order!
To learn more about joining my wonderful team of Treehouse Chicks click HERE.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I always here to help! Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
To learn more about how we made these creative card ideas…
Check out my previous post, “Creating Texture in Surprising Ways” for more fun projects, plus a video tutorial.
More Going On Now
- Learn about my “Find Your Creative Bliss” Conference coming up in February 2020 by clicking HERE.
- Technique Classes Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 11/21/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code: RVWSXZ4X
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2019 Holiday Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Card Body (Various Colors): 5-½” x 8-½”
- Layer #2: 3-⅞” x 5-⅛”
- Watercolor Paper Focal Piece: 3-⅝” x 4-⅞”
- Sentiment Pieces: Sizes vary
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-⅞” x 5-⅛”