Today’s post features a cute halloween card and sneak peek into the October 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle.
On the first week of each month, the Simple Suite Stampers Design Team publishes a tutorial bundle focusing on a particular theme. The focus this month is the Cute Halloween Suite from the mini catalog. The card you see here was my contribution to this month’s tutorial bundle.
That said, for this version, I’ve added a fun popup surprise element, plus you’ll also see here a Non-Halloween remake for some added versatility!
The designer papers used here both started out as black and white papers.
The added color is what brings it all together and really makes this card special. I also love the cute popped-up cat on the black circle!
The top piece of designer paper was colored using a Blending Brush with Gorgeous Grape ink. The candy designer paper was colored using Blends Alcohol Markers. I used a Dark Pumpkin Pie Blends Alcohol Marker for the candy corn and both Light and Dark Blends Alcohol Markers in Highland Heather and Old Olive for the other candy and elements. I just love this candy paper with color added!
The sentiments both come from the A Wish for Everything Stamp Set which is perfectly named because there are sentiments in this set for almost every occasion!
For both the “happy” and “Halloween” a bit of color was added around the edges using a Blending Brush. Gorgeous Grape was used around the “happy” and Pumpkin Pie was used around “Halloween”. The “Happy” is attached to the black with glue dots and then it’s all popped up on dimensionals.
The punched cat is also popped up on Dimensionals.
Here’s the fun popup inside surprise I created for this card!
This is actually really easy to create with a bit of simple scoring and a few diagonal cuts.
Below a template for this simple popup element.
The two perpendicular lines are scored at 2-¾” and then I used my simply scored tool to score the diagonal line from point to point. You’ll fold along the diagonal line with a “mountain” fold and the two perpendicular lines are folded to create “valley” folds.
Watch my video tutorial at the end of this post for all the details on creating and putting together this fun popup element.
As promised, below you’ll see my Non-Halloween remake of this card.
With a few simple changes, I’ve transformed it into a birthday card!The designer paper piece here is also from the Cute Halloween designer paper pack and it’s been colored with Old Olive ink using a blending brush. Fun right?!
Below you’ll see my modified inside to suit the alternative birthday theme. The designer paper pieces here also started out black and white and old olive ink was added.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my cute halloween card idea, my alternative version and this fun popup inside element!
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post. I have not included dimensions since this tutorial bundle is an exclusive offering.
If you enjoyed today’s cute halloween card idea you might really love this month’s Tutorial Bundle!
Get the October 2021 Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle for FREE. It includes 12 Tutorials!
Here’s how you can get yours:
- Become an Email Subscriber and get the Simple Suite Stamper’s Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $35 merchandise order.
- If you’re not a subscriber you can still get the tutorial bundle for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise through my online store, using the current host code! You’ll also get a gift from me!
- Do NOT use the host code if your order is $150 or more. In that case, you’ll get host rewards PLUS the tutorial bundle FREE.
- Each month a new tutorial bundle will be available that features a different product suite.
Get a new set of Tutorials EVERY MONTH for FREE!
- Buy the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and become a Treehouse Chicks Team Member!
- Get $125 in product for just $99 plus free shipping
- Click HERE to learn more about joining my team
- Click HERE to learn the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Sepia Technique Class Sneak Peeks Now Available! RSVP by 10/16 to get a kit with your class! RSVP by 10/24 for electronic options! Click HERE to learn more and register.
- Did you miss the Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape Event? If so, you can still join in for the “After the Live” electronic materials! You’ll receive 10 comprehesive written tutorials and 10 video presentations, including tons of project ideas, Christmas card ideas, 2 Fun Fold cards and more! Click HERE to Buy Now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks!
- GET FREE Card Kits when you Place Orders in my online store!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 09/09/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
July to December 2021 Mini Catalog is now LIVE!
Check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Watch me make this cute halloween card in my video tutorial here:
The project demonstrations begin at around 6-½ minutes in case you want to jump ahead. 🙂
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Since this tutorial bundle is exclusive, I won’t be sharing project dimensions but I have given some of them in my Facebook Live video which you’ll find earlier in this post.
Leave a Reply