Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and December 2019 Color Challenge!
The color scheme for the December 2019 Color Challenge is perfect for a winter scene, and so I couldn’t help but play with the new Mountain Air stamp set that will be available to customers in January 2020.
It was easy to integrate the Seaside Spray and Blueberry Bushel into these card designs, but adding in the silver element proved to be a bit more challenging for me. I made three focal pieces as I was playing and in the end, I liked all three.
As you can see here I made three variations on this card and in each integrated the silver element in a different way.
For this first card, I wanted the mountains to have a blended look, so I sprayed with some water a few times in the process, to get the effect you see here.
Now you should know that the Mountain Air Stamp Set is a NEW Style reversible stamp set!
The moon in this card was made using the “reversible” option. Now the moon is also where I integrated the silver element on this version of my card. I heat embossed the moon using one side of the stamp, cleaned it, turned it over, and then stamped over the top with Blueberry Bushel ink.
For my second card, I also sprayed with a bit of water and I did some two-step stamping for the row of small trees.
For the trees in the background, I used less water so the detail in these images is more distinct and is less blurry than in the first card.
To add in the silver element on this card…
I heat embossed with silver embossing powder to create the look of shimmery water. While I liked the moon image in the first card, it seemed a little big so I wanted to play with an alternative design element.
For this last card variation, I masked the mountains so that the silver moon would look like it was in the background.
I also did a bit of two-step stamping and a bit more sponging than on the last one.
Here’s a close-up view:
There were actually lots more steps to create each of these focal pieces. For ALL the details check out my video tutorial later in this post!
Another awesome thing you might like to know is that the Mountain Air stamp set has a coordinating set of dies. The dies are shown in the photo below.
Plus, you’ll get these products at a 10% discount if you buy them as a bundle. You’ll be able to purchase these items starting on January 3, 2020.
If you just can’t wait, you may want to consider buying the starter kit!
- Starting on 12/3/19 you’ll have the option to add items from the Jan to Jun 2020 MiniCatalog, to your starter kit order.
- Plus, once you’re a demonstrator, you’ll get a minimum 20% discount on all your orders and…
- You’ll be able to preorder items from this new catalog AND get Sale-A-Bration rewards in December instead of having to wait till January!
- Click HERE to learn about the perks of joining my team.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my December 2019 Color Challenge project variations!
Don’t miss my video tutorial just ahead for all the tips and tricks for creating these cards! Also, to recreate my projects and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Sarah Will’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
Watch my video tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Cyber Sunday/Monday Special Offer
- Get a FREE Technique class with orders of $30 or more. (The usual product purchase required is $60.)
- Plus, Get DOUBLE rewards points through my NEW Loyalty Leaves Rewards program.
- Offer applies ONLY on Sunday 12/1/19 and 12/2/19!
- To qualify, you must use my current hostess code unless your order is $150 or more.
- To redeem this offer, place your order in my online store and then send an email to email@example.com that includes: 1) The Name of the Class you’d like for FREE and 2) the Coupon Code: FREETC2019
- Technique Classes! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/5/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the NEW 2019 Holiday Catalog PDF below.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Card #1 and #2:
- Whisper White Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Seaside Spray Dry Embossed Layer: 3-⅝” x 5-1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel Layer: 2-15/16″ x 4-15/16″
- Watercolor Paper Focal Piece: 2-¾” x 4-¾”
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Seaside Spray Dry Embossed Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel Layer: 3-½″ x 4-3/4″
- Watercolor Paper Focal Piece: 3-5/16″ x 4-9/16″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Mountain Air Stamp Set – Item #151610 (Available 01/03/20)
- Mountain Air Bundle – Item #153820 (Available 01/03/20)