Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and December 2020 Color Challenge!
I had so much fun with the December 2020 Color Challenge in large part because I got to play with my brand new Circle Celebration stamp set which is in the upcoming January to June mini-catalog. This is such a unique and fun stamp set! When I saw it in the upcoming mini-catalog it was the first thing I knew I absolutely had to have!
So there are multiple images in this set that are designed to layer on top of each other. The two biggest circle elements on this card include multiple layered images, sponging, and more!
For the largest circle on the left, I’ve used two images layered on top of each other. The background image is stamped off using Granny Apple Green ink and the foliage shapes are stamped with full ink in the same color. I then punched this shape out with my 2-1/4″ circle punch and sponged the edges with the same color of ink. Last but not least I added some Wink of Stella to the foliage.
For the other large circle on the right, I’ve used three stamped images layered on top of each other. The biggest image is stamped in Night of Navy ink, the center small flower is stamped in Pretty Peacock and the last image is stamped with Granny Apple Green ink. This piece is punched out using a 2″ circle punch, sponged on the edges with Night of Navy Ink and is attached using stacked up Mini Glue Dots. A Rhinestone Jewel was added to the center for some bling and yes, you guessed it, more added dimension!
Tip: I used three layers of Mini Glue Dots so this circle would sit slightly higher than the first large circle element. I didn’t want to use Dimensionals because I didn’t want that much height.
I love dimension and texture in my projects and this can be achieved in a variety of ways.
Physical Dimension – On this project, I’ve used various adhesives to vary the heights of my different elements. There are actually four heights on this one card as follows; the stamped images, the largest circle which is punched out and attached flat onto the card, the second circle is attached with multiple layers of Mini Glue Dots, and last but not least the sentiment is attached with Dimensionals.
Visual Dimension – Dimension is also achieved here by using 1st, 2nd, and 3rd inking which makes some images look farther away. Sponging also helps to accentuate different shapes while enhancing the look of depth. I’ve sponged around the outside edges of my focal piece in addition to sponging around the circles.
Embellish for Dimension – The use of the Metallic Mesh ribbon along the “binding” of this card and the use of the Rhinestone Jewels adds more dimension and texture to my project.
So can you tell that this project is also a fun fold card?
It’s called a Book Binding fun fold card because the small left section on the left is attached on the inside to create a “binding” and only the front square folds open.
I’ve stamped on the inside too making this card extra fun and special! In the photo below you can get a peek of the inside stamping. I had so much fun playing with this stamp set for the December 2020 Color Challenge and I sure hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my project.
If you enjoyed this project and are interested in purchasing this set just know that customers will be able to purchase items from the new mini catalog starting on January 5th.
If you just can’t wait, you may want to consider buying the starter kit!
- When you buy the starter kit between now and January 4, you’ll have the option to add items from the Jan to Jun 2021 MiniCatalog, to your starter kit order.
- Plus, once you’re a demonstrator, you’ll get a minimum 20% discount on all your orders and…
- You’ll be able to preorder items from this new catalog AND get Sale-A-Bration rewards on orders between now and January 4, instead of having to wait till January 5th!
- Click HERE to learn about the perks of joining my team.
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Year-End Close Out Sale Coming on 12/8/20! Get up to 50% off on retiring products! More details coming soon!!!
- Taste of a Suite Product Shares Coming Soon! Check out the basics of my unique product shares offering by clicking HERE.
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape – Register by 12/14/20 to be eligible for the Early Bird Bonus drawing! Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/10/20 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the August to December 2020 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Click to check out the 2020 – 2021 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Night of Navy Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ and 6-3/4″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 4″ x 4″
- Oh So Ombre Designer Paper: 1-1/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 4″
- Whisper White Scraps for punched circles
The following two products will be available for customers to purchase starting on January 5, 2021. If you purchase the Starter Kit in the month of December you’ll be able to select these items as part of your customizable kit.
- Circle Celebration Stamp Set (Item #154440)
- Many Messages Bundle ((Item #156272)