Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop andDecember 2021 Color Challenge!
I was honestly a bit skeptical of the color scheme for the December 2021 Color Challenge and yet my card came together quickly and I had a lot of fun in the process. My card features the Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set and the Kissing Technique. I’ve also used the new Eden’s Garden and Heartfelt Wishes Stamp Sets.
To build my background of shapes I used five different shapes from the Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set in first and second ink. I started with the large rectangle shape by inking it up and kissing my foliage image from the Edens Garden set onto the rubber a few times. The two large rectangles were stamped first and then I continued to build my collage of shapes stamping my images going from largest to smallest in the Evening Evergreen and Cherry Cobbler. The Petal Pink images were stamped last.
So here’s a breakdown of the Kissing Technique Steps:
- Ink up the rectangle with Evening Evergreen Ink and lay it face-up on your work surface
- Press the foliage image onto the inked rectangle. This will essentially remove ink from the rectangle shape, in the shape of the foliage. Then you’ll need to stamp the foliage image on your scrap paper to remove the ink. Repeat this process as many times as you like.
- Stamp the rectangle onto your focal piece and you’ll see the whitish foliage shapes in the stamped rectangle.
- Next, with the residual ink left on the rectangle, stamp it again in the lower right hand corner of your focal piece. You may want to huff on the stamp or spay the stamp very lightly with some water to rewet the remaining ink before stamping it the second time.
In this next photo, you will also see that after stamping my rectangle the second time, I also stamped some Evening Evergreen foliage images over the top in first and second ink.
For the Evening Evergreen circle here I’ve also used the Kissing Technique with a different foliage image. Kissing is a bit like negative inking because you’re removing ink from an inked surface. The Cherry Cobbler foliage images you see in this close-up were stamped directly onto my cardstock after the square was stamped.
The sentiment used here comes from the Heartfelt Wishes Stamp Set, one of my favorite stamp sets in the retiring mini-catalog. Yes, THIS SET IS RETIRING! 🙁
This stamp set includes a variety of sentiments that can be used throughout the year and I just love the font and single line format! This set is technically retiring on January 3, 2022, but don’t wait to get it, because, it’s really only Available While Supplies Last!
To finish off my card, I added a piece of the Evening Evergreen Open Weave ribbon below the sentiment and some Garden Gems in several places as well.
The Garden Gems are quite unique in that they look red or green depending on how the light is hitting them. This made them the perfect fit for this card!
These gems are only available to purchase through January 3rd, 2022, or while supplies last!
I hope you enjoyed my project today for the December 2021 Color Challenge.
Are you inspired to go do some “Kissing” now?
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my December 2021 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Brenda Nelson’s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Check out the Last Chance List of products that will be retiring from the July to December Mini-Catalog. There are items available at up to 50% off. Find the Last Chance Items in my Online Store.
- Clearance Rack Refresh: There are deeply discounted items on the Clearance Rack now! Check it out soon as items can run out quickly! Click HERE to check out what’s still available!
- Eden’s Garden Stamp Camp To Go! Get the PDF Instant Download NOW by clicking HERE.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my Online Store! Use the current host code on merchandise orders of less than $150 to get perks!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/9/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the July to December 2021 Mini Catalog PDF by clicking below.
Click to check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Evening Evergreen Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Cherry Cobbler Focal Backing: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Basic White Focal: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White Sentiment Piece: 3/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Tami Hewlett says
Melissa, your kissing technique is sooo cool!!! I always forget about that one, but it’s so pretty and unique. Love your card!
Sue Floyd says
Thank you for explaining this technique. I’ve been confused about it, but you made it crystal clear to me! Your card is lovely and I plan on casing with the watercolor shapes from the last saleabration.
Thanks for sharing.
Melissa Kerman says
I’m so glad this post was helpful to you. Thanks for commenting! Enjoy playing with the technique. It’s a fun one!