Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and December 2022 Color Challenge!
If you’ve already started the blog hop you should be coming from the talented Sue Vine‘s blog post. If you’ve just joined in, make sure to do the full hop and see all the wonderful projects created by the Color Fusers Design team! The color scheme for the December 2022 Color Challenge is Basic Black, Merry Merlot, and Smoky Slate. Today’s project features the Desert Details Bundle which will be available to purchase on 1/5/22.
To create this card I actually made my own stamp using fun foam.
My stamp was made with two die-cut fun foam pieces in the same shape. I simply glued them together using multipurpose liquid glue. Here are my two pieces as I was putting this stamp together.
After they were attached, I used a piece of cling mount adhesive (cuttings from when assembling the set) on the back of the homemade stamp so it would cling to the acrylic block.
I really love this shape and so making my own stamp was an easy way to be able to create a fun background pattern. In the photo below I’ve shown the die and the stamp that I made.
The images on the left and right were stamped using Versamark and the Stamparatus for precise placement. Then they were heat embossed using black embossing powder. The sentiment is heat embossed with silver embossing powder and mounted onto the silver foil die-cut piece. The whole element is attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Desert Details bundle shown below is in the January to April 2023 mini-catalog that goes live January 5, 2022.
I can’t wait to play with this set some more!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my December 2022 Color Challenge project!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
If you want to go back instead click below to see Sue Vine‘s blog.
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Retiring Products Sale Going on Now! Up to 60% Off! Click HERE to see what’s going away.
- Clearance Rack Refresh! – Click HERE to see all the DEEPLY DISCOUNTED Products. Available while supplies last!
- NEW Mini-Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Promotion Coming in January! Click HERE to request a new mini-catalog & brochure!
- CREATIVE EXTRAVAGANZA – Event-To-Go AND Virtual Only Options! Click HERE and complete this form if you’re interested in To-Go Options! Event kits are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis!
- Winter Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape – Event Dates: January 27 & 28, 2023! Click to Reserve Your Spot!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 09/8/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
July to December 2022 Mini Catalog PDF is NOW LIVE!
Click to check out the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Basic Black Card Body: 4-¼″ x 11″
- Smoky Slate Layer: 4″ x 5-¼”
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3″ x 5-¼”
- Merry Merlot Piece: 2-13/16″ x 5-¼”
- Basic Black Sentiment: 3-⅝” x ½”
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-¼″
- Silver Foil scrap for die-cut piece
Desert Details Bundle Item #160532 – Available to purchase on January 5, 2022
Melissa, You are so clever to create your own stamp with a die!!! I absolutely adore your card. The center looks like a Native American blanket, the colors are just perfect!
Melissa Kerman says
Thanks so much Tami!
Cyndi Carroll says
positively stunning and very inspirational! I’m going to try making my own stamp too!!!
Melissa Kerman says
I love that you enjoyed seeing this card and are inspired to make your own stamp too! There are so many creative possibilities when you can use dies to make stamps. So fun right?!
Absolutely beautiful card with this bundle.
Melissa Kerman says
Thank you Wendie! This was a fun and easy project to make.