I love incorporating different folds for card making in my projects!
It may look like a regular card on the front but when you open it there’s a fun surprise inside. Before we go to the inside check out the detail on this elegant frame! Plus, doesn’t it look great with the gorgeous Pressed Petals designer paper? I just love this combination!
Today’s project layout is called a Fanfare Fold Card.
What do you think? Do you enjoy seeing different folds for card making? How does the surprise of a fun fold change the experience of opening a card? For me, it just makes me smile! It’s like a toy and it brings out the kid in me! LOL!
I’ve also incorporated both rolls of washi tape from the Pressed Petals suite.
A strip of washi tape is attached to the bottom of my very vanilla panel and I’ve created a simple flower with the petals in the other washi tape. It was so simple and quick to make this little flower and I love it as an accent on the inside of the card!
Last but not least you may have been wondering where the scallop edge ribbon came from on this card.
I simply took a piece of the Rococo Rose Scalloped Linen Ribbon, cut it down the middle, and attached it with glue dots to the back of my Mossy Meadow layer. Pretty cool huh? This is my favorite way to use this ribbon! You’ll be seeing it again on other projects for sure.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing this card! For all the details make sure to check out the video below.
You’ll also find dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post. Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Reserve your 2019 Holiday Catalog “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares NOW!
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get
$125$155 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during July and August 2019, plus get a $10 coupon to spend the month after you join! Click HERE to learn more.
- Redeem Bonus Days Coupons that were earned in July, during the month of August! – Click HERE for details!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 8/29/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the NEW 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Check out my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
In this Facebook Live, I shared a bunch of my new 2019 Holiday Catalog products, showed five of the eight “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares, and did a project demonstration for the project in this post. The demonstration begins at around 23 minutes if you’d like to jump ahead.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Soft Suede Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Soft Suede Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Inside Folded Layer in Mossy Meadow: 4-1/4″ x 11″ Scored @ 3″, 5-1/2″, 8″ and 9-1/2″
- Dry Embossed Frame in Mossy Meadow: 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Focal Base in Mossy Meadow: 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″
- Floral Designer Paper Piece: 2″ x 3″
- Woodgrain Designer Paper Piece: 2-1/4″ x 4″
- Fern Designer Paper Piece: 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Very Vanilla Inside Panel: 2-1/4″ x 4″