This time of year having a few extra Gift Card Holders around is definitely handy. Plus, if you make it yourself it makes the gift that much more special.
Today’s DIY gift card holder is made from scratch with some simple scoring, cutting and stamping. I’ve used the Christmas Pines and Buffalo Check Stamp Sets, the Sprig Punch and some green and red glimmer paper from the Joyous Noel glimmer paper pack.
The body of this DIY gift card holder measures 4-1/4″ x 11″ to start.
It’s scored at 3/8″ along both long sides and then two of the long sections and two of the short sections are cut out along the score lines. When cutting off those four pieces you’ll want to cut to bevel the edges of the two remaining flaps in the center. Having beveled edges helps to make sure the corners of the flaps don’t get in the way when the gift card holder is folded up. You should be able to see the beveled edge in the photo below.
The photo above shows the Tear and Tape already attached to the beveled flaps but I would actually recommend stamping the Buffalo Check images on the body BEFORE attaching the Tear and Tape.
That way you don’t need to worry about getting the Early Espresso ink onto the tape backings and then end up with ink on your fingers too!
A few tips and project details:
- After stamping the Buffalo Check images on the backside and on the top of the inside, sponge with Early Espresso ink along all the edges that will show when the gift card holder is folded up.
- When you stamp on the insert piece make sure you stamp at the top such that the sentiment shows when inserted all the way.
Tips/Suggestions for the insert piece:
- If you plan to put a gift card inside I’d attach it to the front of the insert piece using a few glue dots.
- I stamped a “To” and “From” on the backside of the insert piece.
The focal piece/embellishment on the front of the gift card is built with multiple layers of punched sprigs.
- Start with a circle stamped with the pine images from the Christmas Pines stamp set.
- Then layer the punched sprigs attaching them using glue dots, starting with the green glimmer sprigs, then the stamped Shaded Spruce sprigs and finally attach the red glimmer sprig.
- Next, tie an air bow and attach it on top of the pine bough with a glue dot.
- To finish the project off attach pine bough embellishment to the gold snowflake doily and attach the whole piece with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the front of the gift card.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today! You’ll find a complete supply list and dimensions for this project just ahead. In case you’re not aware, you can order from my Online store 24/7!
Check out my Video Tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please pop on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful!!! Plus, if you click on the little bell on YouTube, you’ll be notified whenever a new video goes live on my channel.
More Going On Now…
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares being offered NOW!
- Preorder period ends 1/4/19!
- Click HERE to learn more about these unique product shares!
- Shares will be filled and distributed in January.
- Year End Close Out Sale happening NOW! – Holiday Catalog Items Retiring 1/2/19!!!
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/27/18 at 4 pm EST
- These events include all the latest updates plus, a project and/or technique demonstration too!
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click Below to see the 2018 Holiday Catalog PDF
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking below.
- Early Espresso Gift Card Holder Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored @ ⅜” on both sides and @ 1-¼” and 5-½”
- Crumb Cake Insert Piece: 3-1/8″ x 5-¼″
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock for Circle and Sprigs
- Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper in Red & Green for Sprigs