Check out my DIY Slider Card featuring the Magnolia Lane suite, and the Verdant Garden and Perennial Birthday Stamp Sets. I love cards with an unusual opening!
I made two versions of this fun DIY slider card. The only difference is the color of the flower.
For this first card, I’ve used the Calypso Coral light and dark blends alcohol markers to color in the flower.
A Garden Green Stampin’ Write Marker was used for the foliage.
There is a bit of engineering to make this DIY slider card.
All the details are included in the graphics below, plus to see this DIY Slider Card being made, watch my video tutorial.
A few project details:
- Two images from the Verdant Garden Stamp Set were used to create the patterned background on the Garden Green and Mint Macaron cardstock. These two images layer one over the other.
- The Tin Tile Embossing Folder was used to create the dry embossed impression on the card body.
- The sentiments are stamped in Soft Suede ink and are from the Perennial Birthday stamp set.
- The flower is colored, die cut using the Magnolia Memories Dies and popped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
More project details:
- Two pearls were colored with the Dark Calypso Coral Blends Alcohol Marker.
- A small half-circle was punched to allow room for the ribbon “handle”.
- A 1/8″ hole was punched to thread the Magnolia Lane Ribbon to create the “handle”.
I love both of these ribbons especially the texture of the Magnolia Lane Ribbon and the sheen of the Mint Macaron Textile Ribbon! Both of these ribbons will be in the new 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog that goes live on June 4, 2019.
Here’s what the card looks like inside.
I did stamp on the inside as I tried some stamped images before deciding that I liked the Tin Tile Embossing Folder option better.
The final step is to simply remove the backing of the Tear and Tape and attach the flap you see here.
Important Tip: Use a strong adhesive especially because of the irregular shape of the dry embossed flap.
Here are all the essential dimensions for the card body and the inside piece just ahead.
Here’s the second version of my DIY slider card.
For the flower here I used two sets of blends alcohol markers including…
…the light and dark alcohol markers in Night of Navy and Balmy Blue. For the foliage I used a Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Marker.
Here are both DIY slider cards. Which color scheme do you prefer?
I hope you’ve enjoyed my DIY Slider Card today and will check out my video tutorial for all the details.
Also, there’s a complete supply list for this DIY slider card at the end of this post, plus you’ll find project dimensions for all the piece used.
Please note: Several of the products shared today will not be available to purchase till June 4th when the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog goes live.
That’s less than a week away! Wahoo!!!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and… Happy Crafting!
Check out my Video Tutorial and Facebook Live here:
The project demonstration begins at about 7 minutes.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Get Hostess Benefit WithOUT Hosting AND… WithOUT Spending $150! with my… Annual Catalog Special Offer!!!
- Celebrate the launch of the New 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog and get hostess rewards plus FOUR additional gifts too!
- Join the party by Friday, June 7, 2019
- Click HERE to find out more!
- NEW Technique Classes! Registration is now Open!
- RSVP by TODAY, May 31, 2019, for Subscription Pricing!
- Click HERE for all the details.
- Check out my Unique & Awesome “Taste of Suite” Product Shares!
- Preorder them NOW through Wednesday 6/5/19!
- Click HERE for more details
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below. Retires 6/3/19!
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below. Retires 6/3/19!
- Soft Suede Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 3-7/8″ & 7-7/8″
- Mint Macaron Front Panel: 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Garden Green Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 4-3/4″
- Mint Macaron Sentiment Piece 1-1/8″ x 1-5/8″
Leave a Reply