In this post, learn how to do double layer stamping with a custom-made spectrum pad. This is one of those stamping techniques that produce a fun and interesting effect, while also being super simple.
The project today features the Beautiful Blizzard Stamp Set and Blizzard Thinlits Die which is available as a bundle for a 10% discount. The wood mount set and die alone are actually both on sale, which might even be a better deal than the 10% discount! These products are retiring as of January 2nd, 2019 but really only available while supplies last.
Just one stamp was used to stamp all the snowflake images.
Since the stamp includes several small snowflakes and colors, it looks complicated to create this look, but it’s actually super simple. Can you see all the different colors in the snowflake images? Well, I used a custom-made Spectrum Pad to stamp the snowflakes. I also made sure to vary the orientation of the snowflakes when I stamped them, so it would look more natural.
Die-cut just once to get a ton of snowflake shapes with the Blizzard Die!
A few of the snowflakes were popped up using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, as you can see in the photo below. I’ve also added a small, medium or large rhinestone jewel, in the center of every snowflake for some extra bling!
Playing with new stamping techniques is one of my favorite things to do when I make cards!
So what is double layer stamping? Well, the easiest way to explain it is with my quick video tutorial. You’ll find the video just ahead.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today and will check out my video tutorial ahead!
There’s a complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post in case you’d like to make this project and/or purchase any of these products. If you don’t currently have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’d love to be yours! If that is the case I’d be happy to send you catalogs. Click HERE to leave a comment and let me know.
I love what I do and love to share it!!!
Check out my Video Tutorial Here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please pop on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful!!! Plus, if you click on the little bell on YouTube, you’ll be notified whenever a new video goes live on my channel.
More Going On Now…
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares being offered NOW!
- Preorder period ends 1/4/19!
- Click HERE to learn more about these unique product shares!
- Shares will be filled and distributed in January.
- Year End Close Out Sale happening NOW! – Holiday Catalog Items Retiring 1/2/19!!!
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/27/18 at 4 pm EST
- These events include all the latest updates plus, a project and/or technique demonstration too!
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Click Below to see the 2018 Holiday Catalog PDF
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF by clicking below
- Card Body in Balmy Blue: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Large Whisper White Layer: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Small Balmy Blue Layer: 3″ x 4-1/4″
- Small Whisper White Layer: 2-3/4” x 4”
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Leave a Reply