Today’s project is a Drapery Fold Card featuring the Needlepoint Nook Designer Paper and Lace Embossing Folder. It is a Stamp Club Project and a Free Card Kit program card.
I have been wanting to create a Drapery Fold Card for the longest time, and while there were a few little challenges along the way, it was actually quite easy to make.
The designer series paper is simply scored at regular increments and then folded to create the pattern you see here.
Check out my graphic below for some folding tips and terminology that you might find to be helpful.
Once folded, the hardest part is getting it to lay flat and in a rectangle shape, so it sits squarely on the card with even edges. After playing with a few of these, I came up with a method to make it easier to conquer this little challenge. I’ve shared that tip, and others, in the video tutorial ahead.
I always see it as my mission to come up with ways to make the creation of any given card easier, and more fun, for my Stamp Club members and Card Kit recipients!
I just love the Needlepoint Nook designer series paper with this fun fold but the truth is, now I want to try it with every other designer paper I own!
Make sure to check out my video tutorial ahead for tips on putting this card together!
I hope you enjoyed my project today and will make your own Drapery Fold card AND/OR…
Place a qualifying order and get the project kit to make this card for FREE!
Project kits typically include all the precut, punched, die cut and dry embossed cardstock pieces, plus embellishments. For this Drapery Fold Card kit, the designer series paper will come scored, the top panel will be dry embossed and the sentiment pieces will be punched out. You will need to provide the stamps, ink, and adhesive to complete the card.
As a reminder, this is one of my January/February Free Card Kit projects, and Online Club projects.
- GET THREE Kits Free (1 each of 3 designs) when you place an order of $50 or more in merchandise from my online store using the current hostess code. Learn more about my Free Card Kits program by clicking HERE.
- As an In-Person OR Online Club Member GET SIX Kits Free (2 each of 3 designs)!
- FYI, ALL My Clubs Get Projects and Order EVERY OTHER MONTH. So, it’s NOT a big commitment of time or money but it IS a commitment to some CREATIVITY and FUN for you!
NEW Online Club Cycle is starting SOON!
There are just a few spots available.
Learn more about my Online Club opportunity
by clicking HERE.
If you’re not ready to commit to a club at this time, but might be in the future…
I can add you to my list to be notified when there are spots available. Click HERE and leave a comment with the text “Notify Me When Club Spots are available.”
To purchase the products to make today’s card, check out the supply list at the end of this post.
Each photo is a link to my online store. You’ll also find project dimensions and details at the end of this post.
Plus remember, FOR EVERY $50 in merchandise you spend during Sale-A-Bration you get a free item from Stampin’ Up!.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Check out my Video Tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now…
- NEW Online Club Cycle is starting SOON! There are just a few spots available.
- Learn more about my Online Club opportunity by clicking HERE.
- Are you interested in a Paper Crafter’s Technique Club?
- Do you love techniques?
- Would you like an organized way to document the techniques you know?
- We’d create cards and samples of techniques that would go in an album.
- I’m just starting to play around with the idea but would love to know if there’s interest.
- If you’d like to be notified if/when I offer a Technique Club leave a comment HERE on my blog! Click HERE and include the Text “Add me to the Technique Club Interested List”.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 1/31/19 at 4 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- It’s Sale-A-Bration time which means there are awesome perks for customers, hostesses, and for people that purchase the Starter Kit…
- You earn FREE items with EACH $50 in merchandise purchased and
- When you Host a qualifying party ($250 in sales) you get an EXTRA $25 in Hostess Rewards.
- When you buy the Starter Kit you get $175 in product for just $99! OR…
- Buy the Starter Kit for $129 and get $175 in product PLUS the NEW Craft & Carry Tote (valued at $50) pictured below.
- Click HERE to learn more about becoming a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
The Craft and Carry Tote is NOT available for purchase! You can ONLY get it when you buy the Starter Kit.
When you buy the Starter Kit… there’s NO minimum time commitment and NO penalty for dropping, plus there are lots of perks including a minimum discount of 20% on everything you purchase!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Click Below to see the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Balmy Blue Card Body: 5-½” x 8-1/2″
- Whisper White Layer: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Whisper White Dry Embossed Piece: 2-1/8″ x 4-15/16″
- Needlepoint Nook DSP Piece: 1-1/2″ x 9″ – Scored @ 7/8″, 1-1/8″, 1-7/8″, 2-1/8″, 2-7/8″, 3-1/8″, 3-7/8″, 4-1/8″, 4-7/8″, 5-1/8″, 5-7/8″, 6-1/8″, 6-7/8″, 7-1/8″, 7-7/8″, 8-1/8″
- Whisper White Strip: 1/2″ x 5-1/8″
- Balmy Blue Strip: 1/4″ x 5-1/8″
- Scrap Cardstock Strip: 1″ x 4-1/2″
- Whisper White Inside: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Leave a Reply