The project today features the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set and the easiest quick coloring you’ll find ever!
While I call this quick coloring, the truth is that I actually used a stamp from the Artisan Textures Stamp Set to apply color to my flower image. There are several images in this set with different textures and shapes that can be used in a variety of ways in your stamping. The image used to do my quick coloring happened to be just the right size for my flower.
Some additional project details:
- The focal piece is made using Shimmery White cardstock which is raised up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I’ve used two additional images from the Artisan Textures Stamp Set to provide some texture to the Seaside Spray card body and to create the specks on the focal piece. On this card, I used three out of the five images from the Artisan Textures set which you can see below.
So in my Facebook Live, I made a funny little mistake, and as a result, had the opportunity to use my NEW Black Stampin’ Dimensionals.
These were given to me as one of the many gifts received on the Greek Isles incentive trip this past week. These will be available to customers with the new Holiday Catalog that goes live on 9/4/19. In each pack, there are two sheets each of regular and mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. To find out why there are so many dimensionals on the back of the focal piece below, be sure to check out my Facebook Live video ahead.
The mini size dimensionals fit just perfectly on the edge!
Check out the shimmer of the Mini Textile Ribbon at the bottom of this card! Isn’t it pretty?
This is an elegant card that is made especially simple since the image is colored with this quick coloring method!
The image can, of course, be colored in a more traditional way. Ahead are a few additional examples for ways to color this flower.
The flower below is heat embossed in black Stampin’ emboss powder on Shimmery White cardstock.
I watercolored the image using an Aqua Painter with Seaside Spray and Mint Macaron ink. Then the flower was die cut using the Magnolia Memories dies that coordinate with the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set. These can also be purchased as a bundle for a 10% discount.
Here’s a closeup of my watercolored flower:
This next flower was also heat embossed in black and then I used some Blends Alcohol Markers to color in the flower.
I did not have blends alcohol markers in the exact colors used for the cardstock on this card so I had to fudge it a bit.
For the coloring here I used the Light and Dark Blends Alcohol Markers in Pool Party, Balmy Blue and Night of Navy. I wasn’t sure the colors would coordinate with the card but in the end, I think it worked just fine!
Here’s my pair of cards with the water coloring and coloring in with the Blends side by side:
Here’s the original quick coloring card for comparison purposes:
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today and will try out my quick coloring method with some textured stamps!
For a complete demonstration check out my Facebook Live Video just ahead. In this video, you’ll also see a bunch of sneak peeks of new products coming in the Holiday Catalog that goes live in September 2019.
Plus, there are project dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Check out my video tutorial and Facebook Live here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level! Get
$125$155 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during July and August 2019, plus get a $10 coupon to spend the month after you join! Click HERE to learn more.
- Get Coupons With Orders in July! – Click HERE for details!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 7/18/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Seaside Spray Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black Layer: 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Mint Macaron Layer: 2-5/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 2-3/16″ x 3-7/16″
- Shimmery White Focal Piece: 2″ x 3-1/4″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″