In today’s post, I’ll be sharing some easy handmade Christmas Cards.
I’ve used the Sweet Stockings designer paper for today’s easy handmade Christmas cards but this layout is so versatile that it can be used with many other designer papers. This is a great layout to use with paper scraps too!
I’ve stamped my sentiment with Evening Evergreen ink directly onto the vellum cardstock and highlighted the “Holly Jolly” portion by placing a small piece of white cardstock behind. I love this fun, festive sentiment with the adorable dogs and cats peeking out of the stockings on the designer paper.
The sentiment comes from the Holly Jolly wishes Stamp set which is in the July to December 2021 mini-catalog. This set has tons of great sentiments in it and it will be retiring when this catalog expires on January 3, 2022.
For the second version of my card, I’ve used a few of the other patterns in the Sweet Stockings designer paper pack plus I’ve done something a little different with the sentiment. Can you see how the sentiment here is bolder and shinier than in the card above?
In this case, I’ve taken advantage of the fact that when you stamp on Vellum the ink dries very slowly. This allowed me to put some clear embossing powder over the top and heat emboss the sentiment for this alternative look.
Here’s a closeup look at the sentiments on my two card:
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing these easy handmade Christmas Cards and are inspired to create your own!
As a reminder, today’s project is a Stamper’s Club project so if you join a club soon you can get the parts and pieces to make this card, plus two additional cards for FREE. Kits are only available while supplies last!
In fact, you get the pieces to make 2 each of 3 different designs, and the cutting and dry embossing will be done for you! A PDF with the dimensions, supplies, and photos of each of the three projects will also be provided. Here’s a photo of the current kits:
Learn how you can get a FREE Class-To-Go every other month plus FREE Stampin’ Up! products by clicking on the button below!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now
- Eden’s Garden Stamp Camp To Go ! Get the PDF Instant Download NOW by clicking HERE.
- Start with Saving Starter Kit Special Happening NOW! Get $125 in products for JUST $75 during this offer! Click HERE to learn more!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 10/7/21 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
The July to December 2021 Mini Catalog is now LIVE!
Check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF below.
Learn how to make this project in my video tutorial:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, once you subscribe, you’ll have the option to click on the bell, to be notified whenever I publish a new video.
- Evening Evergreen Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- White Layer: 4-1/16″ x 5-5/16″
- Larger Designer Paper: 2″ x 4-1/4″
- Smaller Designer Paper (2): 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Vellum Cardstock for Sentiment: 1-1/2″ x 2-3/4″
- White Cardstock for Behind Sentiment: 1/2″ x 2-5/8″
- White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Leave a Reply