I’ve got two elegant handmade cards to share with your today that I absolutely love!
These elegant handmade cards feature the Very Versailles and Tasteful Textures stamp sets, two of my absolutes favorites in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog.
This first card resembles some features of two other cards I’ve shared over the past few months, but this one is actually my favorite of the three.
I just love the shiny embossed leaves, the neutral, dramatic color scheme, combined with the texture and negative space die-cut shapes, made with the Tasteful Backgrounds dies.
I also love how the stamped and heat embossed piece in behind the die-cut opening, adds another little surprise to this card.
The stamped piece in behind was a scrap that I cut off of the piece you see below. This was leftover from some playing I did with the Very Versailles and Tasteful Textures Stamp Sets. I like to call it a piece of “card salad”.
I tried putting a solid gold glimmer piece in behind the die-cut opening but it was just too much. This subtle element, in behind the die-cut opening, just felt like the perfect addition to this card.
Hear’s a peek at these fabulous stamp sets and the coordinating dies.
You can make so many elegant handmade cards with these products. I just adore them!
This second card was actually made with a scrap, or “card salad” piece as well, that I created while designing my Distressing Techniques class.
The focal piece here is made with a technique called Faux Suede, one of the two techniques shared in my exclusive Distressing Techniques class. If you compare the stamping on this focal piece to the stamping of the first card shared today, you’ll see that the texture of the stamped images is very different.
The stamping is done on a piece of cardstock that actually looks and feels like suede. It’s soft to the touch and has texture to the surface. It’s really quite beautiful in person.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my two elegant handmade cards today! If so, you might love my Distressing Techniques class, which also features these two gorgeous stamp sets.
To learn more about my exclusive Technique Classes click HERE!
Plus, if you love unique techniques AND LOVE a Bargain…
You might be interested to know that during my Black Friday/Saturday and Cyber Sunday/Monday sales, I’ll be offering some great specials on these exclusive classes. Check out the “More Going On Now” section below for the details.
Wanna see some other projects made with the Very Versailles and Tasteful Textures Stamp Sets? If so, click HERE.
Check out this video to see how I made a similar card layout to the first project shared above.
The project demonstration starts at about 2-1/2 minutes.
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now
- Black Friday/Saturday Special Offer
- Get one of my exclusive Technique Classes at a 50% discount.
- This class is normally $30 so you’d get it for just $15
- Click HERE to see Sneak Peeks of these three available classes.
- Offer Good ONLY on Friday 11/29/19 and on Saturday 11/30/19!
- Cyber Monday/Tuesday Special Offer
- Get a FREE Technique class with orders of $35 or more. (The usual product purchase required is $75.)
- Plus, Get double rewards points for each $50 in merchandise spent.
- Offer applies ONLY on Sunday 12/1/19 and 12/2/19!
- To qualify, you must use my current hostess code unless your order is $150 or more.
- To redeem this offer, place your order in my online store and then send an email to email@example.com that includes: 1) The Name of the Class you’d like for FREE and 2) the Coupon Code: FREETC2019
- New Technique Class Now Available! Click HERE to learn about my exclusive technique classes!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- GET PERKS when you Place Orders through my online store! Receive FREE Project Kits. Click HERE for more details.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/05/19 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code: ESKN7YQY
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the hostess code! You’ll get hostess rewards AND Free Card Kits too!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2019 Holiday Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2019 – 2020 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Card Body in Basic Black: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Whisper White Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-¼”
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 2-½” x 5-¼”
- Crumb Cake Focal Piece: 2-5/16″ x 5-¼”
- Crumb Cake Sentiment Piece: ⅝” x 3-¼”
- Basic Black Sentiment Backing: 13/16″ x 3-7/16″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-¼”
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Dry Embossed Layer in Basic Black: 4″ x 5-¼”
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-½” x 4-3/4″
- Sahara Sand Focal Piece: 3-5/16″ x 4-9/16″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-¼”