It can be super easy to make elegant homemade Christmas cards! Today’s project uses simple stamping, some designer series paper, and gorgeous velvet ribbon!
This card is made with the Dashing Deer Stamp Set and the Joyous Noel Designer Paper. The deer is just so elegant with the damask pattern. This image paired with the copper elements and luscious ribbon make for a simple yet gorgeous card. As part of my holiday cards Stamp-a-Stack, participants got to make a set of three of these elegant homemade Christmas Cards. There were two other designs as well. Participants made 3 each of the 3 designs. Photos of the other projects are shown later in this post.
Learn how you can get this Holiday Cards Stamp-a-Stack for FREE later in this post!
The Dashing Deer Stamp Set has a coordinating set of dies called the Detailed Deer Thinlits.
The dies cut out a variety of fun coordinating shapes. The stamp set and dies can be purchased as a bundle for a 10% discount. The bundle is only available through 1/2/19, or while supplies last!
Some project details:
- The deer has a rhinestone embellishment which is colored using the Bronze Blends Alcohol Marker. The Bronze color goes really well with the copper elements on this card.
- The Tranquil Tide Velvet Ribbon is attached using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Here’s a close up so you can see the finer details of this card:
This Holiday Cards Stamp-a-Stack was part of my Creative Escape Day event which is an all-day event including two classes, guided creative play time and a little BINGO too! This has become an annual event and it’s so much fun!!!
I offered an Early Bird Registration Bonus for this event, which included a special inside. Isn’t this a fun surprise for the inside of this card?
Here’s a photo of the inside:
Making elegant homemade Christmas cards can be quick and easy but when you add an inside element like this one it will take a bit more time. That said, my customers that earned the early bird bonus loved this extra special inside element!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today! Ahead you’ll find a complete supply list and project dimensions as well. I’ve also created a quick video tutorial which you’ll find below.
Check out some past blog posts featuring other elegant homemade Christmas cards here:
- Click HERE to check out my Starlight Card with Custom Colored Glimmer paper.
- Check out some past team Make n’ Take projects featuring two elegant homemade Christmas cards by clicking HERE.
Both of these projects are on my old blog. While I’m not posting new projects there anymore, there are lots of fun projects to check out if you want to explore.
Thanks for spending some time with me today!
Check out my Video Tutorial Here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please pop on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful!!! Plus, if you click on the little bell on YouTube, you’ll be notified whenever a new video goes live on my channel.
Holiday Cards Stamp-a-Stack Class-to-Go
- The class includes materials to make 9 cards, 3 each of 3 designs. Cardstock and designer paper pieces are cut, die-cut or punched as needed for each card. Embellishments are also provided.
- PDF’s with Supply Lists and Dimensions will be provided plus video tutorials.
- You’ll need to provide your own stamps, ink, tools, and adhesives.
- Get this class for FREE when you purchase $75 in merchandise in my Online Store using the current hostess code. Do NOT use Hostess Code IF your order is $150 or more!
- Once you’ve placed your Online Order send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2018HOLIDAYSAS
- Class-To-Go Kits are only available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
- This offer can’t be combined with any other offer.
- Click HERE to shop now!
Here are photos of the other two projects:
More Going On Now…
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares being offered NOW!
- Preorder period ends 1/4/19!
- Click HERE to learn more about these unique product shares!
- Shares will be filled and distributed in January.
- Year End Close Out Sale happening NOW! – Holiday Catalog Items Retiring 1/2/19!!!
- Get your Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Brochure!
- These publications will automatically be mailed to you if you’ve placed an order of $50 or more in the past six months.
- If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and you intend to purchase through my Online Store I’d be happy to send you these publications that go live on 1/3/19. I’ll be mailing them out to customers early next week!
- Stamparatus Craft & Carry Case Available To Customers NOW!!!
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/13/18 at 4 pm EST
- These events include all the latest updates plus, a project and/or technique demonstration too!
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code:
Click Below to see the 2018 Holiday Catalog PDF
Click Below to see the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
- Card Body in Merry Merlot: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Tranquil Tide Layer: 3-1/2″ x 4-7/8″
- Copper Foil Layer: 2-15/16″ x 3-15/16″
- Whisper White Focal Piece: 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Joyous Noel Designer Series Paper: 2-3/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ OR…
- Alternative Inside Piece: 5-1/4″ x 10″ Scored @ 2″, 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″, 7″ & 8″
(Please note: The Joyous Noel DSP has been discontinued. It has been so popular that Stampin’ Up! couldn’t keep up with the backorders!)
Rumi Radomski says
Did I swap my deer card with you?
Melissa Kerman says
I did use a swap card to inspire the card in this post. The card I CASED was from a swap organized with fellow demonstrators on the Alaska incentive trip. Were you on the Alaska incentive trip? If so, then maybe you inspired my card and if so I thank you!
Rumi Radomski says
Yes, I went to Alaska Incentive Trip, I am glad you like my card.