Today’s project with the Black Ice technique is a little like embossing art to me!
The images from the Rooted in Nature stamp set are so gorgeous, to begin with, but they are just simply stunning, paired with the silver foil and heat embossing.
This technique was something my mom and I discovered together when playing with some stamping designs. The name was chosen because if you look closely at the final result, the heat embossing looks like linear droplets of ice streaked across the surface, and it made me think of what real black ice might look like if you saw it close up.
Since the foil is shiny it’s difficult to capture how beautiful this is, but hopefully, you’ll get the idea and be inspired to try your own embossing art project.
I’ve included some close-up photos here to help you see and appreciate the effect. Can you see the linear droplets in this photo? I hope so!
Three images from the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set are used on this card.
There is a large and small leaf which are both very detailed, delicate images. Both of these images are stamped in full ink. The third image includes multiple very small leaves and yet it is bolder. As a result, it was stamped mostly in second and third ink so it wouldn’t overpower the other more delicate images.
The process for doing the black ice technique is actually quite simple, but there is also some nuance to the technique, and tips you’ll want to know before doing it. Check out my video tutorial just ahead for all the details!
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project!
I absolutely love heat embossing and playing with it to create embossing art projects. Give this technique a try, and create your own embossing art projects! If you need more inspiration I have a Pinterest board featuring projects made with this technique. Click HERE to check out my dedicated Pinterest board.
You might also like to know that one of my January/February Free Card Kit projects, and Online Club projects, feature the Black Ice technique with the NEW SAB Foil Sheets!
- GET THREE Kits Free (1 each of 3 designs) when you place an order of $50 or more in merchandise from my online store using the current hostess code. Learn more about my Free Card Kits program by clicking HERE.
- As a Club Member GET SIX Kits Free(2 each of 3 designs)!
NEW Online Club Cycle is starting SOON!
There are just a few spots available.
Learn more about my Online Club opportunity by clicking HERE.
There’s a complete supply list at the end of this post with links to my online store.
Plus remember, FOR EVERY $50 in merchandise you spend during Sale-A-Bration you get a free item from Stampin’ Up!.
Check out my Video Tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now…
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 1/24/19 at 4 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- It’s Sale-A-Bration time which means there are awesome perks for customers, hostesses, and for people that purchase the Starter Kit…
- You earn FREE items with EACH $50 in merchandise purchased and
- When you Host a qualifying party ($250 in sales) you get an EXTRA $25 in Hostess Rewards.
- When you buy the Starter Kit you get $175 in product for just $99! OR…
- Buy the Starter Kit for $129 and get $175 in product PLUS the NEW Craft & Carry Tote (valued at $50) pictured below.
- Click HERE to learn more about becoming a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
The Craft and Carry Tote is NOT available for purchase! You can ONLY get it when you buy the Starter Kit.
When you buy the Starter Kit… there’s NO minimum time commitment and NO penalty for dropping, plus there are lots of perks including a minimum discount of 20% on everything you purchase!
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Click Below to see the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-½” x 8-1/2″
- Silver Foil Layer: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Focal Silver Foil: 2-3/4″ x 4-3/4″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 2-15/16″ x 4-15/16″
- Silver Foil Strip: 5/16″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic Black Strip: 1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Inside: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Jeanine Carlson says
Your black ice card with the Rooted In Nature stamp set is absolutely lovely, Melissa. You’re such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your art with us!