In today’s post, I’ve included several variations on a fun technique with the Country Floral embossing folder!
For my original design above I’ve applied Memento Black ink to my Country Floral embossing folder and dry embossed my focal piece, to create a bit of an antiqued look. I heat embossed over the whole surface with clear embossing powder to seal the black ink on the surface.
Can you see the difference between the two embossed copper pieces below?
The one on the left has the black and the one on the right is dry embossed with no added ink.
Here is a close up of the card:
For this next version, I used some other colors of ink on the copper foil.
Again the colors were applied directly to the embossing folder and then the copper foil was
To create some more contrast and interest, I ran my Jet Black StazOn Ink pad over the raised areas of the dry embossed copper foil after it was dry embossed
Here’s a close up so you can get a better look:
My final version of this card used yet another embossing folder techniques variation.
For this card, I used Versamark on the embossing folder and then heat embossed with Black embossing powder.
Check out this very dramatic result!
Here are a few close ups so you can appreciate the detail.
On these close-ups, you may also be able to see that there’s a layer of Basic Black cardstock that is dry embossed with the Subtle Embossing folder. Also, the Black Shimmer ribbon is wrapped around the backside of this layer, and the whole thing is attached to the card body with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Here are all three versions of my Embossing Folder Techniques cards:
Each turned out so different and I love them all and hope you do too!
But wait! There’s more!!!
In the facebook live video that features the projects above I also shared how I created the pieces below. MORE Embossing Folder Techniques to play with!!!
Check out my video ahead for all the details!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project ideas today!
There are lots more details in my video just ahead. You’ll also find project dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post in case you’d like to recreate this project or purchase any of the products.
Thanks for stopping by today to check out my embossing folder technique ideas!
Have a fabulous day and Happy Crafting!
Check out my Video Here:
The first 13 minutes or so includes announcements and details about a giveaway I’m doing, but if you just want to see the project demonstration you can always jump ahead!
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
More Going On Now…
- There are now THREE NEW Sale-A-Bration items that you can select FREE with qualifying purchases. Click HERE to check out the 2nd Release Sale-A-Bration brochure.
- NOW GET even MORE PERKS when you place an order through my online store!
- Receive FREE Project Kits through my Free Card Kits Program with qualifying purchases. The more you purchase the more kits you get! Click HERE for more details.
- And… when you spend just a little more, you’ll get the Simple Suite Stampers Tutorial Bundle PDF FREE as well! The bundle includes 8 tutorials!
- All orders of $75 in merchandise or more will get this Tutorial Bundle PDF Free!
- For orders under $150, use the current hostess code to qualify. For orders of $150 or more, DO NOT use the hostess code! You’ll still receive the Tutorial Bundle AND you’ll get hostess rewards too!
- Also, don’t forget that for EVERY $50 in merchandise spent you’ll get a FREE item from Stampin’ Up! through Sale-a-Bration. Click HERE for more details about this promotion.
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too!
- Click HERE to subscribe!
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 2/28/19 at 4 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Get $175 in product for just $99 when you buy the Starter Kit during Sale-A-Bration!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2019 2nd Release Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF by clicking below.
See the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF by clicking below.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic Black Dry Embossed Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Black Foil Focal Backing: 3″ x 5-1/4″
- Copper Foil Focal Piece: 2-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
Product List #1:
Product List #2:
These are the additional products used for the focal pieces created in the facebook live.