This project offers the ultimate in embossing techniques galore! In fact, it’s one of my latest Tarnished Foil projects and I just adore it!
I’ve used two embossing powders and two embossing folders so I’ve combined heat embossing and dry embossing techniques times two! The focal piece is created using the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder with a Gold Foil Sheet. There are multiple steps to creating this card but it’s not hard at all!
I love to add texture to my projects, which is why I created and love the Impressions of Tarnished Foil technique!
Embossing techniques offer the perfect opportunity to add texture in a variety of ways. Dry embossing allows you to create a physical impression in a piece of paper. On the other hand, heat embossing, in the way it’s done here, lets you add a more organic, unstructured bit of texture! Check out this next photo for an up close and personal look at the texture.
In addition to the Swirls & Curls folder, I’ve also used the Subtle embossing folder for two of the background pieces and a piece of Gold Glimmer Paper for yet another bit of texture and shine!
Would you like to learn more about the Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique?
If so, here are some resources:
- Subscribe to my email list and GET my Impressions of Tarnished Foil Tutorial FREE. Click HERE to subscribe and get the download.
- Check out one of my most popular projects and posts by clicking HERE.
- Click HERE to see lots more Tarnished Foil projects in my Pinterest board dedicated to this technique.
- I also offer two Online Classes featuring this technique. Videos and projects are exclusive to the classes.
Check out my Impressions of Tarnished Foil Video Tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today featuring embossing techniques!
For your convenience, you’ll find a complete supply list and dimensions for today’s project just ahead. The supply list includes links to my Online Store so it will be easy for you to find and purchase these products as you desire.
If you do not already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and you enjoy the projects I share, I’d love to support you in your paper crafting journey!
To become a part of my community…
- Click HERE to Subscribe to my email list. Get subscriber only perks periodically too!
- Contact me to request a catalog by clicking HERE!
- Place an order of $50 or more in merchandise before 12/15/18 and I’ll automatically send you the NEW Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Brochure in December. These catalogs go live on 1/3/19! Click HERE to Shop Now.
- Join my amazing team of “Treehouse Chicks”. To learn more click HERE.
Please let me know if you have questions. I’m here to help!
More Going On Now…
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 12/06/18 at 4 pm EST
- These events include all the latest updates plus. A project and/or technique demonstration too!
- Click HERE to find me on Facebook.
- Make sure to click on the Follow button so you’ll get notifications when I go Live or Post to my Facebook page.
- “Taste of a Suite” Product Shares PreOrder Opens mid-December!
- Product Shares “menu” is coming Soon!
- Invoices will be sent out between Thursday 12/27/18 and Friday 1/4/19.
- Shares will be filled and distributed in January.
- Get Free Card Kits in the Mail when you place a qualifying order in my Online Store!!!
- Click HERE to learn more.
- Become a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
- Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
See the 2018 Holiday Catalog PDF by clicking the photo below.
Click Below to see the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF
- Card Body in Basic Black: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Focal Piece in Gold Foil Sheet: 3-5/8″ x 4″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-7/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Silver Foil Strip: 2-1/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Copper Foil Strip: 1-1/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Gold Glimmer Strip: 5/16″ x 4-3/8″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″