Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and February 2022 Color Challenge!
The color scheme for the February 2022 Color Challenge is Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, and Calypso Coral, not a combination I’d likely ever think of, which makes it that much more fun. That said I love almost anything with Misty Moonlight and love the excuse to use it as much as possible! You might also like to know that Misty Moonlight is one of the 2020-2022 In Colors so it will be retiring in May of 2022.
Today’s project features the Butterflies & Flowers Masks and some fun multilayered masking. In fact, the butterfly, and flower images you see here, were all built with either 2 or 3 masks each. I had so much fun creating this card with this set of masks!
It was a two-step process to create the butterfly image here.
Use the first mask to create the background in a light layer of Misty Moonlight with a Blending Brush making sure to add a little extra color to the edges of the butterfly. Lay the second mask over the first one to apply a darker layer of Misty Moonlight to get the flower shapes.
Each of the flower shapes required the use of two masks using Calypso Coral ink.
The leaves were created with a third mask and Pool Party ink. The sentiment was stamped in Misty Moonlight ink and it comes from the amazing, Special Moments Stamp Set, which is available FREE with orders of $100 in merchandise or more, during Sale-A-Bration. Click HERE to learn more about this promotion.
To finish off the front of the card, I’ve added three Irridescent Rhinestone jewels and some Pool Party ribbon.
Cut the Pool Party ribbon down the middle the long way, to create two pieces.
Then tie it around the spine of the card.
For one final detail, I just had to add one of the masked flowers to the inside of the card.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my February 2022 Color Challenge project!
To recreate my project and/or purchase any of the products used here, check out the complete supply list and project dimensions at the end of this post.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue along on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Tami Hewlett‘s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape After the Live Option – Click HERE to Buy it NOW!
- Join my Online Technique Club and Get FREE Classes plus Free Products! Learn more HERE. RSVP by 2/20/22!
- Buy a Technique Class Subscription and Get 3 Amazing Classes at a Reduced Price! Learn more HERE. RSVP by 2/20/22!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Become a Stamp Club Member and Receive FREE Project Kits Plus FREE Products! Click HERE for more details.
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 02/10/22 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code: SM46U3QZ
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
January to June 2022 Mini Catalog PDF!
Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF!
Click to check out the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Pool Party Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Misty Moonlight Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White Focal: 3-13/16″ x 5-1/16″
- Whisper White Inside Piece: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Tami Hewlett says
AMAZING card Melissa! I love that you created the entire card with those fantastic masks. Beautifully done.
Melanie Hockin says
Such a fun card Melissa, love the patterns in these masks!