Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop and February 2023 Color Challenge!
If you’ve already started the blog hop you should be coming from the talented Melanie Hockin’s blog post. If you’ve just joined in, make sure to do the full hop and see all the wonderful projects created by the Color Fusers Design team! The color scheme for the February 2023 Color Challenge is Calypso Coral, Pale Papaya, and Balmy Blue.
For my project, I’ve used the Petal Park and Happy Labels Bundles that are in the January to April mini-catalog! I’ve also used the Split Die Textures dies from the Annual Catalog.
To create this card you’ll stamp and punch the flowers in three different color combinations. There are lots of flowers on this card but the good news is that you’ll be stamping and punching out sets of three flowers at a time, so it’s really pretty quick. Each image is created with two different, layered images.
- For the blue flowers the outline image was stamped with Balmy Blue ink and for the inside image, I used second ink in the same color. This is called two-step stamping.
- For the lightest flowers, I used Pale Papaya with first and second ink.
- The darker orangy flowers were created using Calypso Coral ink for the outline image and Pale Papaya ink for the inside of the flower.
For the centers of the flowers, I’ve used two different embellishments to coordinate with the respective colors. Elegant Faceted Gems were used for the orangy flowers and Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins in blue were used for the Balmy Blue flowers.
The sentiment used here comes from the Happy Labels Stamp Set. It’s heat embossed in white and punched on both ends with the Happy Labels Pick A Punch.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing my February 2023 Color Challenge project!
You’ll find dimensions and a complete supply list at the end of this post. Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
Be sure to continue on the blog hop so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
The next stop is Sue Vine‘s blog. I know you’ll enjoy what she’s got to share!
If you want to go back instead click below to see Melanie Hockin’s blog.
Color Fusers Blog Hop Team:
Melissa Kerman – You Are HERE
More Going On Now
- NEW Easter Bunny Bundle Class Available NOW! Click HERE to Learn More!
- January to April Mini-Catalog is Live! Click HERE to request a new mini-catalog & brochure!
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion Happening NOW! Click HERE to see the brochure!
- Winter Maker’s Mojo Creative Escape After The Live Available Now! Click to Buy it Now!
- Become a Newsletter Subscriber and get Special Perks plus FREE Downloads too! Click HERE to subscribe!
- Earn Loyalty Leaves with your purchases in my Online Store! Cash them in for FREE Stampin’ Up! products! Click HERE to learn more.
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 01/5/23 at 7 pm EST. Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Host Code:
Become a Stamp Club Member and get a Free Class-To-Go and Free Products!
If your order is $150 or more Do NOT use the host code! You’ll get host rewards AND perks from me too!
Not sure how to apply the Host Code? Click HERE to learn more.
January to April 2023 Mini Catalog is now LIVE!
Click below to see the catalog PDF.
Sale-A-Bration Promotion Going on NOW!
Click below to see the PDF of the brochure.
Click to check out the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog PDF!
- Pale Papaya Card Body: 4-¼” x 11″
- Basic Black Layer: 4″ x 5-¼”
- Balmy Blue Layer: 3-⅞” x 5-⅛”
- Basic White Inside Piece: 5-¼” x 4″
- Basic Black Sentiment Piece: 1-⅞” x ½”
- Scraps in Blue Textured Shimmer Paper & Like An Animal Specialty Paper for tiny strips
- Basic White scraps for punched flowers
Products available now: