Today’s cards feature my latest projects made with foil embossing techniques, specifically my Black Ice Technique with the Grapefruit Grove and Lovely Lipstick foil sheets.
I’ve used the Beauty Abounds Stamp Set with these foil sheets, which are available as a FREE item during Sale-A-Bration! I just learned that these have been especially popular and may not last through the end of Sale-A-Bration! GET YOURS SOON IF YOU WANT THEM! There are details later in this post.
The projects shared today are one of the designs made by my Stamp Club members in January.
They are also available through my FREE Card Kits Program for qualifying January and February 2019 purchases. Club members had the option to make either or both color schemes. They both have a fun, and unique inside element too!
When I saw that these foil sheets were going to be a FREE Sale-A-Bration item, I immediately had visions of using them with the Black Ice Technique!
If you’re familiar with my technique, you’ll know that it involves a simple series of steps, including the direct to paper technique, stamping, and heat embossing. There’s a video tutorial and links to more Black Ice resources later in this post.
A few details about this project:
- Grapefruit Grove cardstock was used for the large colored layer and Calypso Coral cardstock was used for the small strip at the bottom.
- A small, medium and large Rhinestone Jewel were colored with a Dark Calypso Coral Blends Alcohol Marker and added to the focal piece.
Here’s a close up to help see and appreciate some of the detail on this card and technique:
So, the inside is like a card inside a card. It includes some stamped, colored images, and the gorgeous Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper, that is also a FREE item during Sale-A-Bration.
The images on the cover of this inside card were colored using Grapefruit Grove and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write Markers.
The images on the inside of this interior card were colored using Grapefruit Grove, Calypso Coral, and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Write Markers. The strip on the right is the Botanical Butterfly DSP, available as a FREE item during Sale-A-Bration.
This next card is created using the Lovely Lipstick Foil Sheets with the same technique.
A few details about this version:
- Rich Razzleberry cardstock was used for the large colored layer and Blackberry Bliss cardstock was used for the small strip at the bottom.
- A small, medium and large Rhinestone Jewel were colored with a Dark Rich Razzleberry Blends Alcohol Marker and added to the focal piece.
- The Black Shimmer ribbon is attached with glue dots around the backside of the assembled Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss pieces.
- Dimensionals are used to attach the focal piece to the body of the card.
The interior on this second version is a different color scheme from the first card to coordinate with the colors on the front and so it would coordinate with the Botanical Butterfly DSP.
I used Highland Heather cardstock to back the interior mini card. The stamped images on the inside were not colored on this version and it still looks pretty to me!
Here’s another variation in the landscape orientation with the Grapefruit Grove Foil:
I love creating coordinating sets of cards like these!
I absolutely love foil embossing techniques like the Black Ice Technique. Plus, these new colored foils just add another fun twist to the look!
So… what about you?
What do you think of the Beauty Abounds Stamp Set and these Colored Foil Sheets? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Things You Should Know:
- You can get these foil sheets FREE with a qualifying order during Sale-A-Bration. As a reminder, these have been super popular and may not last through the end of SAB so… don’t delay if you want them!
- FOR EVERY $50 in merchandise you spend during Sale-A-Bration you get a free item from Stampin’ Up!.
- Today’s project is one of my January/February Free Card Kit projects!
- GET THREE Kits Free (1 each of 3 designs) from me, when you place an order of $50 or more in merchandise from my online store using the current hostess code. Learn more about my Free Card Kits program by clicking HERE.
- As a Club Member GET SIX Kits Free (2 each of 3 designs)!
To learn more about the projects today check out my video tutorial just ahead. Plus, there’s a complete supply list at the end of this post with links to my online store.
If you need more inspiration I have a Pinterest board featuring projects made with this technique. Click HERE to check out my dedicated Pinterest board.
If you love Foil Embossing Techniques like the one shared today, you might also love my Impressions of Tarnished Foil Technique. Check out one of my most popular Tarnished Foil projects on my old blog, by clicking HERE. There’s a video tutorial there as well. To see more Tarnished Foil projects check out my dedicated Pinterest board by clicking HERE.
Check out my Video Tutorial here:
If you watched this video here on my blog and enjoyed it, please go on over to my YouTube channel and give it a Thumbs Up, Share it with friends and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I’d be so grateful! Plus, if you click on the bell you’ll be notified whenever I publish a new video.
Thanks for spending some time with me today and Happy Crafting!
More Going On Now…
- Join me for my next Facebook Live Event on Thursday 2/7/19 at 4 pm EST
- Find me on Facebook by clicking here: Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook Page
- Make sure to click on “following” on my facebook page so you’ll receive a notification of when I go LIVE. Under the “following” options you can also select the “see first” option which might help you to find me more easily.
- It’s Sale-A-Bration time which means there are awesome perks for customers, hostesses, and for people that purchase the Starter Kit…
- You earn FREE items with EACH $50 in merchandise purchased and
- When you Host a qualifying party ($250 in sales) you get an EXTRA $25 in Hostess Rewards.
- When you buy the Starter Kit you get $175 in product for just $99! OR…
- Buy the Starter Kit for $129 and get $175 in product PLUS the NEW Craft & Carry Tote (valued at $50) pictured below.
- Click HERE to learn more about becoming a Treehouse Chick and take your Crafting and Creative Fun to the Next Level!
The Craft and Carry Tote is NOT available for purchase! You can ONLY get it when you buy the Starter Kit.
When you buy the Starter Kit… there’s NO minimum time commitment and NO penalty for dropping, plus there are lots of perks including a minimum discount of 20% on everything you purchase!
Click HERE to Shop in my Online Store Now!
Current Hostess Code:
Use the current hostess code to get Free Card Kits and other perks with your qualifying purchases!
Not sure how to apply the Hostess Code? Click HERE to learn more.
Check out the 2019 Occasions Catalog PDF below.
Click Below to see the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF
Check out the 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalog PDF below.
- Basic Black Card Body: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Grapefruit Grove OR Rich Razzleberry Layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Foil Focal Layer: 3″ x 4″
- Basic Black Focal Backing: 3-3/16″ x 4-3/16″
- Calypso Coral OR Blackberry Bliss Strip: 1″ x 4″
- Whisper White Inside: 4″ x 5-1/2″ Scored @ 2-3/4″
- Grapefruit Grove OR Highland Heather Inside Backing: 3-3/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Botanical Butterfly DSP: 3/4″ x 4″
Judith Sigler says
LOVE THE CARD IN BOTH COLORS, MELISSA, as well as the different inside features, colored n’ uncolored! JUST BEAUTIFUL!
This technique is TOTALLY AWESOME! So happy you’ve used it again n’ shared with us stampers, too! Thank you n’ HAPPY STAMPIN’ n’ CREATIN’! :-))
Melissa Kerman says
I’m so glad you like these two new designs with the Black Ice Technique. I do love our foil sheets and this technique!