So today is the big day… the day my NEW Website goes Live!
This has been a long time in the making. I’m super excited but also nervous that all goes smoothly and everything works as planned. I’ve also planned a Website Launch Party including a Scavenger Hunt and Facebook Live event tonight at 7pm! I hope you’ll play along! There will be a link to the Scavenger Hunt at the end of this post so you can check out my project first.
The project I’m sharing today was chosen for a very specific reason. It uses a favorite technique (heat embossing) and one of my favorite products (foil sheets) plus, it uses a set that really speaks to my website launch. I’ve used the Follow Your Dreams Bundle, for what is likely very obvious reasons. Here’s today’s project:
When I mentally and financially committed to invest in my own brand and website a few years back, I had to do a bunch of soul searching to discover why I wanted to do it. I was following a dream but for what purpose. I had to find my “Great Big Why.”
In reality, sharing and teaching paper crafts is so much more than just making and giving cards!
Now these are essential pieces of what I do, but the purpose and effect of these simple activities can have a fundamental impact on the quality of people’s lives. I always say that every card sent is like giving a hug in an envelope. It’s about sharing creativity and touching others lives to help people feel seen, acknowledged and cared for. There is a therapeutic effect in the making, teaching and giving to others!
When shared it simply makes life better, happier and more joyful!
So this is really a very simple card to make.
- The dream catcher image in the background is heat embossed with Copper embossing powder.
- The Pineapple Punch dream catcher is die cut with the Chase Your Dreams Thinlits Dies.
- A 1-1/4″ circle punch was used to punch out the circle that is attached behind the Pineapple Punch dream catcher.
- A Fine Tip Glue Pen was used to attach the circle to the die cut dream catcher. This same adhesive was used to attach the dream catcher to the card.
- All the other layers are attached with snail adhesive. There were no dimensionals used. With so many layers and the shiny copper paper, it just didn’t need any more dimension.
- Last but not least a Glitter Enamel Dot was colored with a Light Pumpkin Pie Blends alcohol marker, and attached to the center of the dream catcher.
Here’s a close up to help see some of the finer details of this card:
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project and post, and that it’s inspired you to follow your own dreams, whatever they are!
To learn about the products I used OR to purchase any of these items from my Online Store check out the complete supply list ahead. Click any of the links in the supply list or click HERE to go to my Online Store NOW.
If you’d like to recreate this card, here are the Project Dimensions:
- Basic Black Card Body: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Gorgeous Grape Layer: 4-1/16″ x 5-5/16″
- Black Layer: 3-9/16″ x 4-13/16″
- Copper Layer: 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Basic Black Focal Piece: 2-1/4″ x 4″
- Scrap in Pineapple Punch for die cut dream catcher
- Scrap in Mango Melody for punched circle
So before you go…
Don’t miss out on my Website Launch Party!
Here are some details about the festivities:
- I’ll be doing a Facebook Live on my Melissa’s Crafting Treehouse Facebook page at 7pm on 8/3/18. It will include:
- Reminders about the latest Stampin’ Up! news,
- A few personal updates and
- I’ll share details about how to win prizes through my Website Launch Party Scavenger Hunt. I hope the Scavenger Hunt will be a fun way for people to explore my site plus have the opportunity to win some prizes.
- Last but not least, I’ll be doing a Live Paper Crafting Demonstration too!
- Click HERE to check out my Scavenger Hunt. It will go live at 2pm on 8/3!
More Going On Now…
Bonus Days are Here!
- Get a $5 Coupon for EACH $50 spent during the month of August
- Redeem your Coupon(s) in September
- There’s no limit to how many coupons you can get!
- Click HERE to Shop Now
Color Your Season Limited Time Offer!
- Get Exclusive Products through 8/31 or while supplies last
- Get the NEW Blended Seasons Stamp Set and coordinating framelits
- Save 10% when you purchase the Stamp Set and framelits together
- Get NEW Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2
- Click HERE to see the products available through this promotion
Paper Pumpkin On Sale!
- Get 50% off your first Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Only first time subscribers are eligible for this offer
- Offer ends on 8/10/18
- Applies only to month to month subscriptions
- Must use Promo Code: BLOOM0818
- Click HERE to sign up for Paper Pumpkin
Click HERE to Shop Now
Current Hostess Code: HEGSEX76